Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This is my first post here...

I have been having an issue with my fuel door on my 2010 Honda CRV mom-mobile. I have to either have someone hold the gas release button while I open it with something, or prop something under the latch while I open it. Unfortunately, I haven't trained my 10 month old to do the job yet ;)

Anyways, I bought the fuel door spring from the dealer, but I have no clue where it goes. Can anyone help me out and tell me how to install it? It is the biggest pain to get gas and there's been times where I couldn't because I was by myself and had nothing to prop under there. My husband knows nothing about cars and works late hours, so I've been dealing with this for over a year even while super pregnant, and I need to get it fixed.

Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
8,024 Posts
On our '06, the spring is just a bent piece of metal that attaches near the hinge. Can't tell from the picture below if yours is the same (# 35)

http://tinyurl.com/hlfvdwc

Seems to bolt on.

Regardless, I'd lubricate the hinge on the fuel filler door. (When I looked at our '06 just now, the hinge was a bit sticky.) Use a light household oil, a few drops is all it needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts