Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
2002 ex AWD
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I went to my local salvage yard and pulled a cluster and I plugged it in and everything works as it should. I even tested it with a spare sending unit I have by plugging that in and moving the float by hand and sure enough the gauge goes up and down. 馃憤

Premium Member
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
Well I went to my local salvage yard and pulled a cluster and I plugged it in and everything works as it should. I even tested it with a spare sending unit I have by plugging that in and moving the float by hand and sure enough the gauge goes up and down. 馃憤
Much thanks for reporting back. It's nice to see threads have a happy ending.

Reactions: Carbuff2

Registered
Hello, I recently bough a CRV 2002 and the fuel gauge is not working, is always on empty.
I found this( http://honda.automotive-manuals.com/cr-v-2002-2005/A00/HTML/61/S9A2E61A20326427702FEAT00.HTML) diagnostic procedure and got to step 7.
When measure the Voltage on the connector coming from the dash the voltage on the 1-2 pins is 2.3V when ignition OFF and 0.2V whit ignition ON. The float is working because I measure the resistance and is on 80 ohms (just under half) and also put some petrol on it and the resistance went down a little.
The gauge is going up and down in diagnostic mode. And the gauge goes to full when I unplug the connector from the sender unit and goes back to empty after 30ish seconds of plugin it back.
The petrol light is also on all the time.
Does any one have a idea what may be happening?
Thanks in advance!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts