Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a CR-V 2014 diesel and her fuel gauge needle does not move and it reading empty, the low fuel gauge is flashing even with a full tank of diesel. I think that it’s a faulty fuel gauge sender which I believe are expensive so would like to do a few checks before it is changed. Can anyone tell me how to check the sender as I will be changing it for her because when she goes anywhere they see a 70 plus woman and they think of a figure then times it by ten, with some work that has been carried out on her vehicle was suspect to it needing doing and as I am 2 hours away from her it is not easy to get to her. Is there anywhere except a dealership to buy the new sender/ fuel pump unit to help keep costs down for her? I have search the internet but cannot find a repair manual anywhere. Any assistance would be greatly appreciate. TIA

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go to'you tube' put in a search for what you want to do and you willbe shown what to do,you may be able to get one from
breakers on ebay,then you can see if it's worth it compared with a new one from Cox Motors Honda parts.as it's fairly new I
think it will be the veriable resistor rather than the float.It's of circular construction behind rear seat,side probably depends on what side filler is.GoodLuck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Having thought about your problem,I once had an old car where the gauge had gone.I have found a self diag function for a
2007-2011 crv .beeper drive. circuit check.
.indicator " " "
.switch input test.
.LCD Segments check
.Gauges drive circuit check(speedo,tacho,fuel gauge,coolalant temp gauge)
.Comms line check

how to enter Self Diag. Function(manual)
before check F10 7.5A in behind glove box fuse box and No23 10A in under bonnet fuse box.
1/.Push and Hold Sel/Reset button on RHS Dial.
2/.Turn Headlights on.
3/.Turn ignition on.P111.
4/.Within 5secs turn headlights off.Then on and off again.
5/.
Within 5 secs release.the Sel/Reset button,then push and release button 3 times.
You may have to try several times to get this right.
turn off ignition to return to normal operation.Hope this will help you out with time when you try to fix it.Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts