Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Honda CR-V. 220k miles. A small section of the fuel line (the rest appears to be nylon) is rusted near the pump, between the floor and tank, in really difficult place to reach. I need to repair it.
Any advice? I’m looking at the Dorman line repair kit, but don’t know the diameter of the existing lines.
Thanks-
Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
2002 Honda CR-V. 220k miles. A small section of the fuel line (the rest appears to be nylon) is rusted near the pump, between the floor and tank, in really difficult place to reach. I need to repair it.
Any advice? I’m looking at the Dorman line repair kit, but don’t know the diameter of the existing lines.
Thanks-
Mark
Hi Mark, same problem on 2004 crv. I believe from the fuel pump to the area it is leaking is nylon then connects to metal at the rusted part. I'm thinking 5/16 diameter. Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mark, same problem on 2004 crv. I believe from the fuel pump to the area it is leaking is nylon then connects to metal at the rusted part. I'm thinking 5/16 diameter. Did you find a solution?
I would not recommend this repair method, but my CRV is leaking at the exact same place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not recommend this repair method, but my CRV is leaking at the exact same place.
Sorry been a while since replying. I fix by splicing the vinyl hose coming out of pump to a purchased vinyl hose and then coupling the vinyl hose to the metal hose under the car about where the back seat is located. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Sorry been a while since replying. I fix by splicing the vinyl hose coming out of pump to a purchased vinyl hose and then coupling the vinyl hose to the metal hose under the car about where the back seat is located. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alot better the the OP as 1 post never returned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts