Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

The Enforcer
No problem 馃憤

Registered
2019 CRV 1.5t AWD SR trim level
Had my UK 2019 CRV 1.5T fuel pump replaced under recall in December - paperwork from dealer says
" Carried out 6FE fuel pump swelling recall "

Registered
Had my UK 2019 CRV 1.5T fuel pump replaced under recall in December - paperwork from dealer says
" Carried out 6FE fuel pump swelling recall "
Yes, that鈥檚 what I read the fault was. The recall gave me the impression that it was cars sold in the EU that required this pump change. Thanks for posting

Registered
Yes, that鈥檚 what I read the fault was. The recall gave me the impression that it was cars sold in the EU that required this pump change. Thanks for posting
Received a recall letter around Sept - called dealer who said they were waiting for some special tools from Honda and might be a couple of months till they got them Dealer then called me in Dec to say they now had the tools and arranged for car to go in

Registered
Glad your sorted now. Did your car give any indication of fuel problems before the recall?
No had no issues with it at all - car was running fine - only had it done due to the recall letter
( also had rear diff oil changed recently and no idea if related to that or fuel pump change but seem to be getting 2mpg better ! )

Registered
No had no issues with it at all - car was running fine - only had it done due to the recall letter
( also had rear diff oil changed recently and no idea if related to that or fuel pump change but seem to be getting 2mpg better ! )
Well, that鈥檚 a win, win in my book!

The Enforcer
Received a recall letter around Sept - called dealer who said they were waiting for some special tools from Honda and might be a couple of months till they got them Dealer then called me in Dec to say they now had the tools and arranged for car to go in
Depending on who you ask, a lot of UK owners were contacted and perfectly working fuel pumps were replaced - like yours I bet.

Then the letters stopped. Someone in the Honda chain (globally) worked out that UK cars werent affected. In my case, I got no letter and have never had an issue.

Reactions: Crv21

Registered
Would suggest that though the car was running fine at the point the pump was replaced doesn't indicate that there was not some possible underlying issue with it, realised by Honda , which over time may have manifested itself - hence Honda being prudent and issuing a recall to those vehicles which may have been affected in the future

The Enforcer
Would suggest that though the car was running fine at the point the pump was replaced doesn't indicate that there was not some possible underlying issue with it, realised by Honda , which over time may have manifested itself - hence Honda being prudent and issuing a recall to those vehicles which may have been affected in the future
My unofficial Honda UK sources tell me that the recall was never needed here since our cars are Japanese built - and they werent recalled (in Japan) either.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Honda UK has form for inadvertently issuing recalls when they arent needed.

Reactions: Crv21

The Enforcer
Well at least better that way than not issuing one when needed !
Not disagreeing with you, but I dont think I have seen any widescale recalls on the 5th Gen CR-V, 1.5T or Hybrid, in the UK. So you're safe in that regard.

In any case, the OP hasnt been back on in months and this thread appears to be done/dusted. If the OP would like to resume discussion, then please PM me and I'll happily re-open :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.