Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the problems and issues forum, but this may be a better place.

During these recent storms and outages, I had to fill my car once with a fuel jug. I inadvertently topped it off cause I wasn't paying attention. I know that isn't recommended and I don't usually do that.

Anyway, now I notice my range indicator is odd. I just drove it to where the fuel gauge has one mark vanish, which means I finally used what I topped off, but now the range shows 145 miles. It usually shows over 350 on a fill up. After I drive a few miles, it jumps back up to 145 again.

Did I confuse it by topping it off? I drove about 130 miles before finally moving the fuel gauge one mark, which seems about right to me. Should I just drive til the gauge is empty and see what happens?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if I confused it by going past what it considers full? It started counting down at a topped off tank, and now that it's at a normal level, maybe that's why it keeps resetting to 145. I hope running it down and refilling from empty will correct it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted this in the problems and issues forum, but this may be a better place.

During these recent storms and outages, I had to fill my car once with a fuel jug. I inadvertently topped it off cause I wasn't paying attention. I know that isn't recommended and I don't usually do that.

Anyway, now I notice my range indicator is odd. I just drove it to where the fuel gauge has one mark vanish, which means I finally used what I topped off, but now the range shows 145 miles. It usually shows over 350 on a fill up. After I drive a few miles, it jumps back up to 145 again.

Did I confuse it by topping it off? I drove about 130 miles before finally moving the fuel gauge one mark, which seems about right to me. Should I just drive til the gauge is empty and see what happens?

My 2008 CR-V is now doing this. Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I was initially thinking either the fuel pump sending unit or an o2 sensor malfunction but I have no codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Scott. I've been meaning to reply... It turns out there was a permanent code that wasn't showing on dash after replacing the upstream o2 sensor. The code was present before replacing, it just disappeared from dash after. After driving with new o2 sensor i thought it would clear itself but that did not happen. I ended up having to clear it myself and now range indicator is back to normal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks Scott. I've been meaning to reply... It turns out there was a permanent code that wasn't showing on dash after replacing the upstream o2 sensor. The code was present before replacing, it just disappeared from dash after. After driving with new o2 sensor i thought it would clear itself but that did not happen. I ended up having to clear it myself and now range indicator is back to normal.
Nice! Glad to hear you got it sorted out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts