Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the problems and issues forum, but this may be a better place.

During these recent storms and outages, I had to fill my car once with a fuel jug. I inadvertently topped it off cause I wasn't paying attention. I know that isn't recommended and I don't usually do that.

Anyway, now I notice my range indicator is odd. I just drove it to where the fuel gauge has one mark vanish, which means I finally used what I topped off, but now the range shows 145 miles. It usually shows over 350 on a fill up. After I drive a few miles, it jumps back up to 145 again.

Did I confuse it by topping it off? I drove about 130 miles before finally moving the fuel gauge one mark, which seems about right to me. Should I just drive til the gauge is empty and see what happens?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if I confused it by going past what it considers full? It started counting down at a topped off tank, and now that it's at a normal level, maybe that's why it keeps resetting to 145. I hope running it down and refilling from empty will correct it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted this in the problems and issues forum, but this may be a better place.

During these recent storms and outages, I had to fill my car once with a fuel jug. I inadvertently topped it off cause I wasn't paying attention. I know that isn't recommended and I don't usually do that.

Anyway, now I notice my range indicator is odd. I just drove it to where the fuel gauge has one mark vanish, which means I finally used what I topped off, but now the range shows 145 miles. It usually shows over 350 on a fill up. After I drive a few miles, it jumps back up to 145 again.

Did I confuse it by topping it off? I drove about 130 miles before finally moving the fuel gauge one mark, which seems about right to me. Should I just drive til the gauge is empty and see what happens?

My 2008 CR-V is now doing this. Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I was initially thinking either the fuel pump sending unit or an o2 sensor malfunction but I have no codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts