Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last week I have had to get some gas from 3 different stations for the same tank of gas.
A full tank usually shows around 440-450 mile range. Now its showing 370 with a nearly full tank, and when I just topped off with 2 more gallons of did not even go up from 370.
Anyone else ever see this behavior?

Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
It uses the last 5 miles average gas MPG to calculate the range - if the last 5 was 10 mpg and there is 10 gallons - range is 100 miles - if the last 5 was 30 mpg then the range is 300.

It is not the most accurate - but it does give a good guess - not the real range.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just finished my trip from NYC trip Victoria Harbor, ON CA. Total is 1200 miles. Used 3 different gas stations during the trip. One in NY then upstate of NY and one in Canada. All three showed different range from 440 in NY to 380 in Canada(sorry nothing personal) for the same amount of gasoline.(10-11 gallons each pump) Average was 37.5 to 38.5 mpg.. Ride was smooth.Enjoyed the whole time of driving. Thank you Canada. We had lots of fun staying there for couple of days.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've never seen 440-450 range. Best ever was 410. Must be vastly different driving styles although on last trip I got 33.9 on hwy and combined. Very pleased with that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drive on the highway during the week for work, and shorter trips on the weekends.. that gets me into the 440-450 full tank range. but last few days has been all short trips around town. But I have never seen a full tank show 370 mile range and not change even after topping off with a few gallons.
I guess we'll If it goes back to normal once I get back to my normal driving routine. Just thought maybe it was a fuel sensor issue something possibly.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
remember to ALWAYS reset your mileage/odometer setting when filling up. or the MPG will not be "more" accurate.

also, appear the miles per tank seem to be calculated on the vehicles last MPG fill up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts