Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 CRV Any ideas how to replace or repair the (nylon?) tube that connects the return fuel line to the fuel pump. Access is difficult, but I’ve lowered the fuel filter and fuel tank. I can reach it, but need a fix. When I briefly start the car, fuel leaks profusely through two or more holes in the tube (mice?) and collects on the top of the fuel tank by the pump.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
fuel return line?should only be 1 line the regulator is integrated on the fuel pump module,if you open the left rear door drivers rear fold the seat all the way forward until it clicks then with your right hand down behind and on the floor there will be a strap pull that and the seat will fold up and forward then under the carpet is an access to the top of the tank fuel pump assembly will only have 1 line now there is another line going to the tank for the evap.and fuel filler tube but maybe you can get to it better from the top and disconnect it easily and pull it down through the bottom,since its leaking I wont say to relieve the pressure first LOL,also I have to say that is odd that mice would chew the fuel line usually its the insulation on wires,so to disconnect squeeze the fuel line retainer clip with your thumb and finger and push in on the line and pull out and it should be disconnected if you have to remove the pump take a hard plastic or wood tool or blunt tip metal and hammer the threaded pump retaining ring counter clockwise until you can turn it by hand then the pump assembly will pop up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts