Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: bought 2016 EX on May 13th. As of 12/14/16, I have 18,200 miles on it. I drive almost all highway miles, between 65 - 72 mph. Tire pressure is 35 as it will drop a little in cold weather and also over time as I may not check it again until March.

Observations -
- Going over 70 kills mileage. Rain kills mileage.
- I have driven at least 10 - 12 miles past 0 range. No it doesn't show negative, you need to look at the odometer when the range hits zero. I usually put about 1.5 gallons in so there is miles to go (despite what my wife says. Yes I remember going through Ft Stockton and putting 20.5 gallons in a Camaro 20 gallon tank!!)
-The gas gauge definitely falls faster afte the 3/4 tank mark. I can check the range and trip distance at the start for say 440. At halfway it will still be about say 422 but after the 1/4 tank mark, the distance definitely decreases..

Couple of issues.

1. I started using Fuelly to track mileage and I have noticed it is consistently lower by about 1 -1.5 mpg. Either ALL the gas pumps are inaccurate or the CR-V is inaccurate as the distance for both is measured off the odometer. Has anybody else experienced this?

2. In the past few weeks, my mileage has dropped noticeably. I was getting (according to the vehicle) 30 - 31.5. Now I am lucky to get 29 on the same trips. Could "Winter Gas" be doing this? I thought the govt had eliminated the requirement for winter gas.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,878 Posts
1. The CRV is wrong and fuelly is right. Common thing talked about on several forums.

2. It's definitely because of the cold weather for sure. Once it starts warming up again you'll notice your mileage increase.

That's what I've noticed with both of my Honda's at least. I say enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,575 Posts
I need to post up a few of the fill charts.There is a clear drop at the end of September. I assumed that due to the change in fuel.
Fuelly ignores the first fill up in its mpg calculation. My V reports 0.5mpg less than fuelly. I reset B for each tank and ignore A so that tracks everything

Go at 50mph and you'll be seeing over 44mpg. Do 70-76 and it drops to 27mpg.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to post up a few of the fill charts.There is a clear drop at the end of September. I assumed that due to the change in fuel.
Fuelly ignores the first fill up in its mpg calculation. My V reports 0.5mpg less than fuelly. I reset B for each tank and ignore A so that tracks everything

Go at 50mph and you'll be seeing over 44mpg. Do 70-76 and it drops to 27mpg.
I am getting about 28-29 running 71 on cruise, virtually all highway to any of my work locations. Yeah, go 75-76 and it gets worse. Running 60 on the Raleigh Beltline and I can get 31-32.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,575 Posts
Sporty, your report exactly matches mine. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1482840222.954084.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts