Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...finally tackled the stereo install on my 2015 CRV with stock non amplified stereo.
Equipment installed...

-Optima Yellow Top battery and new audio terminal
-4 AWG power kit with monster 6 channel rcas
-3 Farad Capacitor
-(4) Pioneer TS-D1602R
-(4) Pioneer 1" tweeters
- Audio Control LCQ-i with remote knob
-Orion (pre DEI) XTRPRO 12" 1000w dual 4 ohm sub in sealed 1.25 qu. ft. box
-Orion HCCA 225G4 2ch Amplifier(bass amp)
-Rockford Fosgate 200a4 4ch amplifier (highs)
-Custom built amp enclosure

Because the parts alone to interface with cameras and i mid and such were just as much as a new pioneer double din I tried something new this time and went with Audio Controls LCQ-i. I have always avoided line output converters but after a ton of research and all the what ifs I landed on the LCQ as the best option. Running power and ground was no problem. Created a hole in the existing main wire harness that passes through firewall. I crafted a custom enclosure to sit flush between xub box and back of seats to mount and hide the amps and capacitor. All door speakers were replaced as well as running my own speaker lines to each door. The stock wiring would not hold up after time and wanted to run a tweeter and 6 1/2 in parallel on each channel of the 4ch to get the highest continuous wattage at 2ohm (around 110w). Toughest part was getting wire through front grommets as they were almost a molex style pass through and had to remove rubber cover and pop out the harness from body of car to sneak new wire through. Used a coat hanger and tape trick to pull the wire through both front and rear door grommets. A set of tweeters went at top of rear most pillar and the front set I was able to mount to inside of existing factory tweeter pods. The signal for LCQ-i was pulled directly from rear of sock HU. Power was pulled from main 12v lead from firewall. I mounted the LCQ-i in the glove box for ease of tuning and adjustments. The total install took a lot of man hours due to running new speaker wire to doors and ahving so much to wire and install. Once it was done took about a day of riding around and playing different styles of music to get the LCQ-i tuned just right but I am SUPER impressed with the sound quality and functionality of the LCQ-i. EQs due a great job especially on the sub channel. My single 12" sounds like dual 12's! Sounds better than it ever has honestly as I have tranfered the same stereo system from past 3 cars. Would recommend the Audio Control LOC any day of the week for our particular vehicle application. I have some pictures I will transfer from phone and load up asap. Any questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Speakers in doors installed upside down as only way they would fit due to the built in filters on frame of speakers. Adapters were re used from previous install in my 09 CRV. The foam backing from stock adapter was removed and put on new adapters.
20190517_121557.jpg
20190518_015838.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like it.
I have a jl12 and I tapped the sub output from the sub under the passenger seat. It's not great but ok. I know the JL is capable of a lot more. I will look in to your eq. I need a better option while keeping the stock HU.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts