Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7C58B70C-F9C9-46ED-BD37-7F562B0F16CE.jpeg
Hi all- I sure hope someone here can help. I bought a 2009 CRV EXL w 134,000 miles. It was being driven to Waco Texas to get my kid to college and kept blowing fuse 19. I had to be towed to diagnose this- and kept replacing the fuses to get her there but the last time I drove it it lost power while I was driving so now I am scared to get behind the wheel. I took it to a shop and they said there is no error codes and they can’t get it to do it again. So it may be something that happens when it gets hot. From the drive from California to Texas I had to replace the fuse four times. I got one error code one day and then it went off that error code was P2610. I did get keys programmed for it because this used car was bought from a man that got it from the auction. And it only had one key. The locksmith said the keys are working fine and that’s not the problem. I am going to try to tow the car to Honda today to see if the car recognizes those keys. But I can’t afford to take it to Honda because they are so expensive there. I noticed that when I turn the key the ignition buzzes for a second before you turn it over. Does that mean anything? After the car fuse blows, it sounds like it wants to start but it does not turn over -it seems like it is not getting fuel. Fuse 19 controls so many systems. I am a woman that knows nothing about cars but I guess they are saying I need to find a master technician that is good with electrical issues. Again, the car is in Waco Texas which is somewhat of a small town. The car is sitting in a dirt field right now and my daughter is not able to get to her job and lost it. I so wanted to surprise my daughter with this car and all it has done is brought us tears. Ugh! Fuse 19 controls so many systems. I am a woman that knows nothing about cars but I guess they are saying I need to find a master technician that is good with electrical issues. Most shops there have a four or five day wait to fix things. my daughter is a four 4.89 student - A good kid and this is breaking my heart. I am not made of money but at this point I’m ready to buy someone that could fix it a plane ticket to Waco if they could find where ever this short is. If any of you need a job or know these cars well enough, I would be forever grateful. I mean it! I will bake u cookies for a year! Thank u! Mama C 949-302-9031 [email protected]

It says fuse 19 runs CPK sensor, CMP sensor B, ETCS CONTROL relay, injectors, MAF*sensor 2, PGM-F main relay 1, (FI MAIN) , PGM- F main relay 2 (fuel pump)

If I drive to Walmart, and turn it off it works fine and it starts again. I drive it to Lowe’s and turn it off, and when we come back it’s fine. I drive it to the restaurant, I try to start it and it is dead the fuse has blown. That happens about every third start. But there does seem to be an element of heating up, because the mechanic that has it right now says he has driven it home and it doesn’t do it. He sent his employee to go get parts and he said it doesn’t do it -it hasn’t blown a fuse, but I cannot put my kid behind the wheel of a car which loses complete power! Usually, if his believes and you know it has blown because it won’t start. But the last time I drove it, I was putting it in reverse to park the car along a street, and going in reverse it went completely dead while driving. Now I’m scared to touch it. Thx 7C58B70C-F9C9-46ED-BD37-7F562B0F16CE.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,774 Posts
Each of those circuits needs to be tested, but only after failure. So give the car to the shop, if you think they are up for the battle. If it takes warming up, they can let it idle in their yard, shut it down and restart it. I bet the problem will at some point become "fatal" without the need to warm up the car.

Reactions: VBC

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Anything Aftermarket on the Vehicle? Alarm? Remote starter? When the fuse blows are you using the AC? It could be one of those sensors shorting out then it'll blow the fuse. When you insert the fuse is it loose or tight?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything Aftermarket on the Vehicle? Alarm? Remote starter? When the fuse blows are you using the AC? It could be one of those sensors shorting out then it'll blow the fuse. When you insert the fuse is it loose or tight?
The fuse is blown and it’s tight when I push it back in- I don’t know if anything is aftermarket as I only owned the car for a day and yes the A C is on as its in Waco Texas and it’s hot as haddeus there right now. Thank you so much for responding! It’s rotting In a field as we speak. The only thing I did as I told you, was had two keys made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts