Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For 2012+ V, just want to confirm if fuse #16 that says "stop" is for the brakes? And is fuse #29 that says "backup" for the backup camera? These are the under the hood fuses.

Edit: pulled that #29 fuse and it disabled backup camera, radio, etc. so it must do more than just backup camera. I was curious cause looking to install some lights and was looking for an ignition only fuse to tap into.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I believe the back up is pertaining too is the backup fuse for the radio too. You can verify this in the owner's manual. If you have a repair manual you can check to see if there are any spare fuse taps that can be used for your purpose. What are you trying to install if i may inquire?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to install some LED drls that I have used in the past in my Accords but instead of tapping into wires as I did in the past, I want to use the fuse box for a cleaner look and to keep the integrity of the factory wiring in tact.

It would be great if there was an empty fuse to use but it's tough to get your hands on a repair manual. There are empty slots in the fuse box but I'd have to determine if they are useful at all.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I believe the back up is pertaining too is the backup fuse for the radio too. You can verify this in the owner's manual. If you have a repair manual you can check to see if there are any spare fuse taps that can be used for your purpose. What are you trying to install if i may inquire?
I haven't been able to find a shop manual anywhere. Some folks post pages here, have no idea where they get them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Our 2016 cr-v upper screen and left side of steering wheel buttons went dead. I tried to find the post but couldn't so I just wanted to create this post say Thank You whoever shared pulling Fuse #29. I pulled it, the fuse was not blown, so I put it back and pressed down the others while in there. I was pleasantly surprised that when I opened the drivers door, the center screen was on. It went through some diagnostic for a minute or two but everything appears to be back in normal working order. If anyone ever has the dead screen and buttons, give pulling Fuse #29 (under the hood fuse box) and hopefully that will fix yours too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts