Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching on here and Google itself but I wasn't able to find the answers to these questions:

1. I've noticed in certain photos and at a dealership that the top of the dash has what looks like a center audio speaker. I know Honda's website as well as published specs don't list a center speaker (Examle: Touring trim has 9 speakers including sub). Is this speaker solely for the active noise cancellation built into every 2017 CR-V? Or does the audio system settings actually list a center channel?

2. Tonneau cover storage, or lack there-of. When checking out a 2017 CR-V at a dealership, I noticed there really wasn't anywhere to put the tonneua cover if it's removed when you folding down the rear seats. Is there a notched section near the front of the trunk to hold it in place? Or do you just lay wherever you want in the back?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know there's a grill in the center of the dash, but I don't know if there's a speaker in there or not. It could just be to vent some heat from the head unit, but who know's for sure?

There is, to my knowledge, no special place to store the cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about 1, but can confirm that there is no place to store cover. Just got back from purchasing and 2017 and 2016 were side-by-side in showroom. 2016 had a slot at the bottom to lock the bar when storing, 2017 does not.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You peaked my curiosity, I found out 2 things. 1. there is no place to store it that is easily seen by me. 2. there are 2 lights on the sides on wheel well that when turned on, turn themselves off when you close the back. Number 1 must be because of the floor piece moving up and down. That "tonneau cover" is not as strong as the cover in my 2011 CRV(which had no place in car to store it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts