Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
We got an email a day or two after our 2007 was wrecked. It hasn't been claimed a total loss yet, but there is a good chance it will be.

I don't think the email said much more than the website says. I signed up my better half's email address to receive any updates, I didn't read the email, just got shown it briefly on an iPhone. Had a photo of the car in red and said something like "Are you ready for the 2017 CRV?"

I'll try to get my hands on it tonight and share, if it hasn't been deleted.

·
Super Moderator
3,274 Posts
We've already got in this section all the specifications of the CRV released by Honda via links to Honda media. Additionally there are also links to road tests.
Not much to add to that short of the new car arriving at dealerships.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here it is, nothing special, just trying to hype it by having a dealer contact you. We haven't responded yet and probably will not. We will likely know more about the vehicle than the dealer even after it hits the lots. Our 2007 hasn't officially been claimed a total loss either.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
It seems there is some miscommunication between Honda and dealers. They claim days away and I've heard on sale date is Dec 21, but all dealers in my area (MA) say they won't have any on the lots until January.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 2017 CR-V has already arrived on some dealer lots. See cars.com and select 2017.

If visiting a dealership before 12/21, a person may need to walk around a bit to find them on the lot.

The same thing happened for the 2017 Civic Hatchback in October. civix forum members found the Civic HB on lots, however, they had to look around a bit until the official release date. To avoid sales people, best to go when the dealership is closed. Or, wait until 12/21.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 2017 CR-V has already arrived on some dealer lots. See cars.com and select 2017.

If visiting a dealership before 12/21, a person may need to walk around a bit to find them on the lot.

The same thing happened for the 2017 Civic Hatchback in October. civix forum members found the Civic HB on lots, however, they had to look around a bit until the official release date. To avoid sales people, best to go when the dealership is closed. Or, wait until 12/21.

Those may not actually be on the lot yet, I've seen dealers list in-transit vehicles before. That probably just means that the dealer now has a list of which specific cars they will be receiving so they went ahead and listed them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those may not actually be on the lot yet, I've seen dealers list in-transit vehicles before. That probably just means that the dealer now has a list of which specific cars they will be receiving so they went ahead and listed them.
You are absolutely correct. Some of the descriptions explicitly stated that fact. Some did not. My bad for not including the additional information in my posting.

civix forum members actually saw the 2017 Civic HB on dealer lots before the official launch and posted the photos on the forum. All the US dealerships cannot possibility have all the 2017 CR-Vs delivered on 12/20, the day before the official date of 12/21.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those may not actually be on the lot yet, I've seen dealers list in
None of them on cars.com have real photo's, I think you are correct here, dealers have pre-listed vehicles they do not yet physically have on their lots.
It is not unusual for a generic photo or no photo to be posted on cars.com when the vehicle has newly arrived on the dealer's lot.

I vaguely recall that newly delivered vehicles must be "checked out" by the dealership before sale. The "check out" process may takes days after its arrival on the lot.

FYI regarding the VIN Alphanumeric.
8th position: indicates trim (8=EX-L, 9=Touring).
10th position indicates model year: H=2017.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I are looking at 2017 Honda CR-Vs and 2017 Ford Escapes each fully loaded.

Visited the Mile of Cars in Silver Spring, MD, today. Got to see BOTH in stock.

Sport Honda had a few CR-Vs and my salesman put plates on so we could test drive. It was4:00PM ish and she passed on driving due to the glare of the sun. (We're getting on in years. :)

I have a good relationship with our Honda Salesman, he solid me my 2015 Honda Odyssey Elite at the end of the model year and I visit him when I have that car serviced.

The Salesman told me that at this point-in-time the deal on the 2017s is full MSRP. Period. (Of course they'll deal on 2016s.)

Over the next few days she'll test drive both cars and decide which one she wants.

Interestingly, both Salesman in an almost whispered voice advised me to shop our trade-in to Car Max rather than use as a trade In. Actually makes sense as it is a 2005 Infiniti G-e5 Coupe with 6 Sp Man Xmission with 2K miles.

I liked both vehicles, maybe the Ford a little more. Doesn't matter, after 51+ years of marriage I know who gets to chose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased my today to have my wife drive it from Ohio to Florida tomorrow. The picture is of it tonight before packing and leaving early in the morning. I may be one of the first owners of the 2017 CR-V. So far, my wife really likes this car.
IMG_1489[1].jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts