Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to be perceived as me selling on behalf of anyone. I just wanted to make people aware of AutoGeek's current sale going on. I just bought $95 of stuff and used the "STOCK20" coupon code to get 20% off and free shipping. The sale ends midnight EST. They also have a "mystery gift" valued at $50, which you have to make sure to add to your cart to get it.

Link: http://www.autogeek.net/newsletter-special.html

I ended up buying Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0, Meguiars Wheel & Tire Kit, Cobra Guzzler Drying Towel, and DP Wheel Cleaner. Was really interested in trying a paint sealant to keep my 2015 CR-V's paint in good condition during the winter. Looking forward to finding out what is in the $50 mystery box. I'll come back and let everyone know once it arrives.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I would recommend that you pick up a clay bar and use it before applying your sealant. You can either pick one up online or I know here locally at the auto parts store Mothers clay bar can be purchased. You may find one at your local parts store too. I buy a different brand online. Sealant will bond better if you do a strip wash then clay your vehicle then apply your sealant. I by no means am an expert, but I know how it works. Thin applications work best. More isn't necessarily better.

The link below shows the proper steps for your product. It is actually the same steps for every manufacturer.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?28676-Is-it-a-wax-Or-a-paint-sealant

Here is a good article on claying.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to-detail-clay-your-car-detailing-101.html

A wheel woolie would also be beneficial when cleaning your wheels. There are some that are angled that will allow you to clean the backside of your wheel too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DYI, thanks for the links to the articles. I'll be sure to give them a read. I have a few clay bars that came with some kits i bought so now i get to learn how to use them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the same deal was extended through midnight EST tonight.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up doing a second order and purchased Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System (to give it a try, sounded easier than claying), Blackfire Poly Clay & Lubricant Combo, and Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer (curious to see if it will clean the dirt & grime off my towels since just washing them with normal detergent doesn't work well). I got a free sample of the Wolfgang Leather Conditioner and added the $50 mystery gift box again. Let's see if i get two the mystery boxes or if they'll notice the same shipping address and only send one.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I ended up doing a second order and purchased Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System (to give it a try, sounded easier than claying), Blackfire Poly Clay & Lubricant Combo, and Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer (curious to see if it will clean the dirt & grime off my towels since just washing them with normal detergent doesn't work well). I got a free sample of the Wolfgang Leather Conditioner and added the $50 mystery gift box again. Let's see if i get two the mystery boxes or if they'll notice the same shipping address and only send one.
Probably no easier than claying, as it is the same process with the media being different. I haven't tried foam for removing contaminants from paint. I do have some to try here in the spring however. Some say it mars the paint, some say it doesn't. Try to stick with the "fine grade". In reference to your towels don't use fabric softener with your microfiber it will ruin them. Maybe try soaking your towels in a bucket with some sort of all purpose cleaner before washing them. And towels that are used on your wheels don't use them on your paint later on. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was my $50 free mystery items from my earlier purchase. Hopefully my second shipment has different items for the $50 of mystery items.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts