Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
What does it bolt to?

I know absolutely nothing about skid plates. One would think that they would bolt to the frame components (such as the are on V). I may be mistaken but it looks like they are only bolted to the plastic shrouding on the bumpers. Again I may be wrong! But if you are really going to use it for a skid plate, it should be heavy duty and be bolted to a frame component.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
What a useless thing on the gen 3. The gen 2 and three they'd only be for decoration because of the flexible plastic brush guards, and on the gen 3 because of the shape of the bottom of the bumper... you wouldn't even be able to see it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
2nd and 2rd gen has a plastic skid plate for that that does a good job, the metal one you could buy for the 2nd gen is only for looks, and on te 3rd gen you wouldn't even see it, so I'd say it isn't worthwhile, unless you really wanted it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just remember seeing a member post his pictures from overseas, he had a black cr-V with the plates and it looked great...So I wanted it for mine.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Skid Plates?

Are skid plates to be seen or are they to protect? If they are for looks only, then who cares what they bolt up to? If, however, a skid plate is actually supposed to protect oil pans and transmissions from being pierced by rocks one would think that they would be rather heavy duty, rather ugly, and bolted with some authority to something more substantial than the plastic on the bumper.

The contraptions I have seen in this post look more like plastic crackers than skid plates. That is, when you hit a rock with these "skid plates", it will transfer the force of the impact into the plastic on the bumper and crack it.

It does look cool though!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Those Gen3 Skid plates are only for the looks.....a rugged look which I don't like so much. I preffer a sporty look on the Gen3,,, which you get with Modulo or Mugen bumpers!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am interested in purchasing and installing a front & rear skid plate for my G3 V. Does anybody have a photo of what they look like attached to the vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have pictures on my other computer, i'll post soon. For now check e-bay, some sellers there advertise with pictures.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here goes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Honda Active Kit

I rather prefer the OEM "Active Kit" sold by Honda in Asia. Check the add ons to the stock bumpers.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts