Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have done an search on this Forum but have yet to find a fix. I cannot for the life of me get AA to work on my Note 8. I have tried to reset the Unit, Uninstall and re add the app, I even bought a newer cable.

I read somewhere that all new Honda are having issues with AA.

With that being said, does anyone have a fix?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Note 8 has worked perfectly with AA. I use it all the time. So I have three nav systems in the car: the Honda nav, AA, and Google Maps. All three are great. I can even run the Honda nav at the same time as AA or GMaps. I generally prefer AA because I think the real time updates about traffic and police are more reassuring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Google app store didn't think my S8 was compatible with android auto, did lots of reinstalling, downgrading and clearing cache trying to get it to let me install. Nothing worked so I gave up and downloaded the apk from a site called apkmirror, installed and works fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2018 CRV EX-L (no Nav)
Unlocked S8
Android Auto Version 2.8.574514

From tips on this site:
turned off AA setting Use Bluetooth
swapped out flimsy usb cable with a thicker Anker cable. Flimsy cable would disconnect when going over bumps.

AA apps I use:
Waze
Rocket Player

I have not had any issues since doing the 2 tips above.

Anker USB cable high durability:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...=1513887023&sr=8-5&keywords=anker+usb+c+cable

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the note 8 and 2018 CRV EX-L. As of January 4th my AA stop working. I have tried everything and it still does not work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had issues at the start. It would not hold connection using a genuine cable. Got an Ankar cable thanks to another post. Been ok since. Just look after the cable and where it connects to the phone. Always make sure it's got a solid connection when plugged in. If you unplug it, give it half a minute before plugging back in. I found the Android auto software on the phone may struggle a bit. I am on a note 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts