Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to use some extra gas I had left in a few 5 gallon red plastic containers but quickly realized that they would not work because the tube has a cap latch on the end which prevents it from opening that 2nd fuel latch where the pump goes.
It wont reach it.
Anyone ever fill up from a gas can which works?

Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
Most farm supply stores sell filler replacement pieces for gas cans that have no flow restriction devices. I know Atwoods and Tractor Supply have them.

You can thank a lawyer for the requirement on your gas can - someone sued the 1990's gas can maker and won millions for a stupid error - but the jury agreed with the guy that got burned because gas spilled out before he got it into the gas tank and the muffler caused it to explode in his face. They went out of business and a gas can went from under $5.00 to around $20.00 because of that lawsuit. More of the gas can is to pay for insurance for the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,782 Posts
I sense you need to download and review the owners manual, find the fuel funnel in the car that you need to use. Try this.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I sense you need to download and review the owners manual, find the fuel funnel in the car that you need to use. Try this.

What????.....review the owners manual? I much prefer to leave the new car owner's manual in it's plastic wrap...................................makes the car look newer when I trade it in.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: rocky

·
Registered
192 Posts
The manual? Pretty sure I had to write to Honda to get my 'free' copy of the manual. It's a very good manual though! The manuals for the Lexus are overly long and largely useless in comparison. Maybe because the infotainment system was designed by a monkey and doesn't lend itself to explanations.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If it's a new car, the manual should be in the glove box. If it's a used car, the manual is possibly sitting under a pile of crap on the previous owner coffee table. The monstrosity owners manual is available from Honda online for free, including free shipping.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If it's a new car, the manual should be in the glove box. If it's a used car, the manual is possibly sitting under a pile of crap on the previous owner coffee table. The monstrosity owners manual is available from Honda online for free, including free shipping.
Free only if you order it within 6 months of new car purchase.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Good call.?........still gotta take it out of the plastic.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts