Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save some frustration for others who have also had an annoying gas cap warning message linger on and off for months even after replacing a gas cap. Then engine light to start coming on in conjunction. Found out it was a bad evap purge canister. Possibly due to topping off the gas after it clicks. So just something to keep in the back of your mind or check out if you are having the same issues. Not always the gas cap or a sensor.

·
Premium Member
2008 EX AWD
151 Posts
Thanks. Mine’s been doing this for at least 6 months. And I am definitely guilty of topping it off! :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,151 Posts
Yup. But there are several component parts to that evap system. The issue can be a leak, kind of like a vacuum leak, as it deals with a gas - such as a cracked or broken plastic cap or hose nipple, or hose, etc. Or it can be a solenoid - there are two different ones. Overfilling does not cause these issues directly but can and will exacerbate them. Best to have a factory service manual for troubleshooting this system, as parts are scattered all over the car in different locations. Manual has an excellent section on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts