Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day mates! Aussie gen 1 CR-V Sport owner here from Brisbane.

My ride is a 2001 model and the car is mostly stock apart from some subtle mods such as clear side indicators, side steps, a $3000 Alpine sound system, and chrome door sills with embedded CR-V logo.

Offroad-wise, I've taken it to Stradbroke Island, Bribie Island, and Condamine Gorge. It handled great on the beach on Straddie and Bribie and performed flawlessly thru the water crossings and dirt/gravel tracks at Condamine Gorge.

Apart from that it is our daily driver and family wagon, complete with baby seat in the back.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another Aussie

Hey,
Nah your not alone , I have just bought a 2007 CRV Base model , Black / Black trim. Pick up in early May, cant wait.

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

You guys arnt the only ones ;) iam from sydney and iam only 17 yes u heard 17:eek: and iam picking up my CRV this friday;) so excited:D

cyaz:)

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia Ora from New Zealand
(Hello)

I was one of the first people in NZ to get a CRV (had to wait 3 months for it to arrive back in 1996)...

It has now done 218,000 kms and hasn't missed a beat.

A fantastic car!

G'day to my aussie cousins and howdee folks to my USA brothers! :D

Warm regards
Simon
Web Doctor Ltd - Makes Your Website Work! EBusiness made easy with practical proven website analysis, critique, hints tips strategies with definite purpose and call-to-action
how cool!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Accessories

Hi all
Just wanted to find out if any of you know of a cheaper place to get accessories>

Thanks in advance

amanda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Africa chapter

Hi there to all southern 'hemispherers'.

I'm originally from Argentina but now living in Mozambique.
Got my CR-V two month ago. A 1996 model from Japan.

So far it has been great to drive, but last weekend we had a scary moment when we got stucked in sand and sudently the gear shifting lever was stucked.

I thought I had broken the transmission or something. It ended up being just sand in the wrong place (although I had to take the car back to the dealership to find it out).

I'm wondering how much of off-road I can do with this car.
So far I have been in quite sandy roads and some mud.

What about you out there?

I will have to replace from tires soon ... any suggestions to increase the off-road performance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another Aussie

Now the proud owner of CRV sports no extras yet, used the machine in off road thru WOLLONDILLY River area Mittagong NSW still very new so we did not give it a hard time, may be as we a long trp back to melbourne in Victoria. Glad to see other Aussies on this site. By the way has anyone used an oil additive called Mollybond ? Ive used it for many years in machinery at work and all my cars since 1969.

Rocklands

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Guys,
Thought I'd put my spoke in down here.

I'm from Ashburton in the South Island of New Zealand.

Cheers,
Mike T. :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Near The Intersection of Highway 77 & 1?

Checked it out on Google Maps. Very cool. I must confess a curiosity. What is the mountainous region directly south east of Christchurch? Highway 75 goes through it. There is a town or a feature called Akaroa located there. Very odd regrion compared to the surrounding area. Is it a extinct volcano?

Another interesting feature on the satellite photos a little closer to your home is the Rakaia Gorge and river. The lack of roads and settlement as well as the meandering streams suggest some nasty flooding there. From the photos it looks like an alkaline mud flats. Unfortunately the close up photos end just at the edge of Ashburton. New Zealand is a totally cool place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Checked it out on Google Maps. Very cool. I must confess a curiosity. What is the mountainous region directly south east of Christchurch? Highway 75 goes through it. There is a town or a feature called Akaroa located there. Very odd regrion compared to the surrounding area. Is it a extinct volcano?
That would be Banks Peninsula, I'm not sure that it's an extinct volcano, but the area is VERY hilly.
BTW, Ashburton is at the intersection of SH's 1 and 77, 77 takes you up to Mount Hutt, our local ski-field (in the winter, of course), the township of Methven (just below Mt Hutt) often trebles in population every winter, with tourists from all over the world coming here to ski.

Another interesting feature on the satellite photos a little closer to your home is the Rakaia Gorge and river. The lack of roads and settlement as well as the meandering streams suggest some nasty flooding there. From the photos it looks like an alkaline mud flats. Unfortunately the close up photos end just at the edge of Ashburton. New Zealand is a totally cool place.
The Rakaia river is what is known as a braided river (like most of our rivers are over here), flooding is controlled by the use of stop-banks on each side of the river.
It is also a popular salmon fishing river, I've caught I don't know how many good sized salmon and trout out of it in the last few years. :cool:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Thanks For The Reply

Actually I looked up both features on Wikipedia after I posted last night. The Banks Penisula is actually two extinct volcanos and the Lyttelton and Akaroa Harbors are the craters of each volcano. Cool! You live in a very neat place!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts