Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my CRV has been removing itself from gear. After moving for some minutes, the car refuses to enter gear and i have to put it back to Neutral and Off the Engine. Having done that, i will restart the engine and put it back in drive before i can proceed on my journey.

I really want to know if the challenge is from the gear or brainbox, so i can fix the exact challenge

Regards,

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,786 Posts
Let's go even more basic first.
Miles on car, how many miles since last atf fluid change

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,814 Posts
The blinking D indicator suggests a serious issue that the powertrain module is sensing.

We would need to learn the code to make any useful guesses...If you are in the USA, an auto parts store could read the codes for you.

Post back.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Keeps loosing gears when driving, shut off and wait then works again....

See what a transmission is going to cost, very good chance internal filter is plugged due to improper or lack of maintenance.

This is what we call free wheeling. It's because their isnt enough fluid pressure from the pump because the filter inside the transmission is plugged. And it CANNOT BE CHANGED unless the transmission is overhauled as the transmission has to be completely tore apart to change it.

There is a CHANCE the screens for the shift solenoids are plugged (not enough info from you explaining details of the issue) which can be fixed and allow more time before transmission does fail. Plugged screens is precursor to the fact the transmission is plugging up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.