Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,066 Posts
We have a big thread on this. Known issue that has been affecting a small number of people

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any complaints about it here for a while; I'm going to guess that most of the ones that were going to break have broken and been replaced by now. (I was on that list myself, but mine was one of the first couple-thousand Gen5's manufactured)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any complaints about it here for a while; I'm going to guess that most of the ones that were going to break have broken and been replaced by now. (I was on that list myself, but mine was one of the first couple-thousand Gen5's manufactured)
The new part was just released early this year. Anything that was replaced before that it still the old one and will still break eventually

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
More prone to break in colder months when plastic is harder

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
over time. will tell.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I did say it was going to happen from a year plus ago. My source at Honda had said early 2019. He also said in March that they had gotten in the new button and I could come in for a free change. I am not in a hurry as the old one has not given me any problems. I also hate the two hour wait at the place!

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Reactions: williamsji

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts
I was meaning more of a recall # but that works too. :p
My understanding is that Honda was working on a new button design last year... and that once it was approved for release (first half of 2019) they would routinely replace them when your car was in for regular service. I know my dealer does a recall/TSB lookup when I bring in my car for routine service.... but I plan to make sure they do so on this issue next time I am in...... because I have had the button replaced once already last year, and I don't believe it was the new part number.

I do not see a recall in the US tracking system.. and I'm not sure if Honda Canada is doing this via a TSB or a formal recall. So I am not sure if this is being done in the US yet... or just Canada owners have been notified so far. If it is a recall and your vehicle is eligible.. you will get a formal letter from Honda. If it is a TSB... generally you also get a formal letter of notification from Honda, though a TSB is not considered mandatory, where as a recall is.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
well you can wait either way. . breaking or replacing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.