Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would put it out here, wanting to ADD OEM clock to my 97 CRV. I need the pigtail and would be a big plus if you had the clock. Would be good to hear from you. Also would be interested in trading a OEM Honda 6 Dick CD changer with wiring harness.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I traded in my 97 so have 2 clocks and a pigtail. How about $5.00 plus shipping. This is a new id since I was not able to recover my old id (bchan42)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I traded in my 97 so have 2 clocks and a pigtail. How about $5.00 plus shipping. This is a new id since I was not able to recover my old id (bchan42)
Tried to PM you but mailbox is full.
David g........:cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was at a pull a part today. I snipped a pigtail for you but the clocks of the 2 gen 1's were already taken out.
If you need it let me know.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at a pull a part today. I snipped a pigtail for you but the clocks of the 2 gen 1's were already taken out.
If you need it let me know.

Cheers
ZAZE
Yes, I appreciate you thinking of my post and would like to have it. I had another member who contacted me with the clock with wire, but his mailbox is full and I cannot PM him.....I posted a reply with him, guess I'll wait.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how do you plan to connect the pigtail? I pulled a clock and pigtail 2 years ago it's in the dash, I still need to wire it. is there an faq?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know for sure the 97 wiring is adaptable or not, but I'm assuming any hot wire source plus a lighting source would be ok. Maybe someone else on here is familiar with how they did it. Sure would like to know. I know EBay has plenty of OTHER types, but I'm an OEM guy. I've pampered this girl for a long time, just had to replace the radio with a 98 cd model.
David g..........:cool:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From some research the 97 dash wiring harness is different from the 98-^ and they dont ever superceed to the same part number.

Here is a link though for installing an OEM clock into a 96-98 Civic Hatch. Id guess the clock wiring to be about the same, just need to find places to tap into.

http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/d-i-y-edm-jdm-ek-96-98-clock-install-3047550/

Hope that helps the cause.
Thanks for info, now I know that the radio harness is almost a perfect match, which can be tapped into. Now all I need is the wiring plug with clock. Maybe someone will chime in that I can get in touch with that has one.
David g...........:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can not send or receive any PM, not sure why.

Yes I can take paypal. just don't want to blast this to the world. Will try to find a way around this PM problem. The inbox for the forum admin account is also "full" so I can not get any help that way.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can not send or receive any PM, not sure why.

Yes I can take paypal. just don't want to blast this to the world. Will try to find a way around this PM problem. The inbox for the forum admin account is also "full" so I can not get any help that way.
If you can tell me how you want to handle this, you can PM me if you can, just stay in touch. Thanks for replying.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hooking up the gen one clock should be a piece of pie bro!

have a look at the pigtail.

Pic 1
20160926_113302.jpg

Pic2
20160926_113258.jpg

Looks pretty much same as wires on radio harness, should be able to tap.
My guess without looking up wiring schematics would be:
Black > Ground
Red > Bat Power
Yellow > Keyed power
White with blue trace > Dimmer

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hooking up the gen one clock should be a piece of pie bro!

have a look at the pigtail.

Pic 1
View attachment 70417

Pic2
View attachment 70425

Looks pretty much same as wires on radio harness, should be able to tap.
My guess without looking up wiring schematics would be:
Black > Ground
Red > Bat Power
Yellow > Keyed power
White with blue trace > Dimmer

Cheers
ZAZE
What a trooper you are. Now how do we get it to me ? PayPal ?
David g.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These clocks have been known to die out here and there. It's an easy re-solder of the internal terminals. Easy diy fixes if you ever run into this problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts