Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 01 crv EX with 141k miles. changed the tranny fluid 3 times with honda fluids. now it seems to want to shift into cruising gear early and takes the rpm's down to about 1500. it requires a firm stomp on the gas to downshift or the engine bogs down. Seems to have started after the tranny oil changes. I have done a complete tune up minus the fuel filter, about to do valve adjustments. Problem goes away when i use overdrive off around town. anyone else experienced this? First time poster, love the community posts alot.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The engine bogs at 1500 (even when warm)? I’ll check mine later to see what the shift points are and if it feels boggy.

just a note that these RD1’s are a relative driving experience. It’s peppy compared the the 69 VW van I once owned….
Many times I take off the overdrive when I’m approaching a hill or if the engine is cold. They seem to be set up for maximizing fuel mileage and for when the car was new and ran perfectly. After you get the fuel filter and valve lash done and if necessary spark plugs and timing belt take it out for a good old Italian tuneup with the overdrive off with a fresh tank of top tier gasoline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts