Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a Gen 1 CRV as a possible solo camper for dispersed camping in the low Rockies. I would like to be able to sleep in the vehicle and have read the other threads in this regard.

The main issue if you do not have the EX flat folding seats option seems to be cargo length. I can't find the exact floor length dimensions from the hatch to the front seats when the rear seats are folded down. I also haven't been able to find the interior cargo width or height.

It occurred to me that solution for solo camping (rather than building a platform) would be to fold down the rear seats, move the passenger front seat all the way forward on the seat rails and tilt the passenger rear seat back forward. Then use a camping cot on the passenger side. Depending on the cot, one end could possibly be supported by the flipped up bottom cushion of the passenger side rear seat. Or perhaps the bottom cushion could be removed (is this possible?).

It would seem like the length from the rear hatch to the back of the tilted passenger side front seat back might be more than six feet allowing for a 72 inch cot. Cots seem to be about 12 in high so might rest pretty flat on the flipped bottom cushion and be well supported.

Room would still be available on the driver side of the cargo area for a cooler and couple sterilite boxes.

Some reflectix window panels and perhaps a cut-down black shower curtain threaded through a bungee cord for a front curtain might handle the privacy details.

Would anyone have a comment on the interior dimensions, especially the length as described?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Jasper, I have a Gen 1 aswell. I'm new to the car world, but I realized I love my CR-V because I can camp in it. I really don't know yet which model I have but my back seats can fold and use the space as a bed for me and my gf. We are both short so space is not a problem. I'm currently looking to mod it or maybe get a 2004- 2006 model to lift and put bigger tires since mine has trouble with the transmition after fixing it several times.
I can measure the lenght of the seats folded down if you would like :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts