Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, posting b/c cant find any useful/recent info on lowering a gen2 crv. My suspension is blown all the way around, with my front right being siezed, i need somthing 'round 200 to 500 in price, ive got basically a brand new front end so im reluctant on changing out any parts there. I would like a 2-3 in drop while keeping the stock rims and tires (205/70/15) will use spacers to fitem (brand new tires). This is my daily and i do alot of city driving, rarely ever on highway but i do do alot of cornnering.
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pretty good options here, im thinking about getting the godspeed coils, will run a 3 inch drop should fit perfectly with a pinky finger width from the top of my 205/70/15 tires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some pretty good options here, im thinking about getting the godspeed coils, will run a 3 inch drop should fit perfectly with a pinky finger width from the top of my 205/70/15 tires

did you end up getting the godspeed coils ? how did they work out ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far so good, im just going to get some bushings and put them in, soon.
Quality and craftsmanship through the roof from what i can tell. Im going the full 3 inched (tis what she said) so ill let you know how they ride asap.

Took a while to get them due to covid but normally would have gotten them within days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, ive got the scoop.
Fist of all, buy bolts!
The 630$ godspeed coils didnt come with bolts, nuts or anything, except for the 3 at the top. So this is what i had to buy in order to get them to bolt in. Its not that they just didnt come with bolts and i wanted new ones, all the holes on the coilovers are too small! Coilovers say they are for crv, and size, diamentions and everything they are just the holes are too small... but, thats honestly a blessing in design.
I spoke with a guy who works at Honda/Acura of spring, he said its actually good, because to change camber on V's they actually change the bolts out in the front for thinner ones.
Thickness/thread/length/quantity
7/16 , 14 , 3" , x2 and 2 knuts to match
1/2, 13 , 4" x4 and 4 knuts to match
These will replace all the bolts attaching the coilovers. I got mine at autozone in a pinch.

We started with the left rear, honestly a godsend because we didnt remove the fuel vapor/egr thing right behind the rear shock, which was a massive hinderance, ended up having to take the sway bar link off, and the front end of the rear lower control arm and prying the damn shock out, im sure there is an easier way, like removing the hinderance.

Right rear literally just fell out.

Front felt like just replacing struts.
Watch out remember to put cv joints back in.

Didnt mess with preload just spun them up, will have pictures tonight but looks like a 2 inch drop, not 3 as advertised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Handles amazing, adjustable dampening so bumps are amazing, cornering is awesome, again, adjustable dampening can go from track day to downtown houston pot holes with a stop for gas.

Here are some images, after settling the drop is actually 3 inches exactly. Just took a little driving.

Allignment was done and the tie rod on the left side is maxed out. Some other stuff gonna look into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts