Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried tweezers but no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to avoid buying a new radio if I can help it. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, eject didn't work, along with two-button combination (I forget which two), power off, on... This isn't mine, but it's this model.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the tweezers, I can grab onto something, but it's not budging. It might be part of the metal frame inside the player.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you can, remove the radio from the car and take it apart. That's what I had to do when a friend's daughter stuffed a CD in and it just wouldn't come back out. Jammed internally.

·
1,951 Posts
Yup. Pull the radio out and remove the top cover. You should be able to get the CD out without damage. Then clean the mechanism. These things will fill up with fuzz over years of use, and also dirt and crud on the CDs. The detritus will clog up the lubricated (or not) moving parts. Also, the lube can dry out and/or turn to sludge. Clean it off where needed and re-lube. YouTube will have videos on how to do this and what lube and tools you need. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, there is probably a local shop that you can take it to. Much cheaper than replacing the unit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. Pull the radio out and remove the top cover. You should be able to get the CD out without damage. Then clean the mechanism. These things will fill up with fuzz over years of use, and also dirt and crud on the CDs. The detritus will clog up the lubricated (or not) moving parts. Also, the lube can dry out and/or turn to sludge. Clean it off where needed and re-lube. YouTube will have videos on how to do this and what lube and tools you need. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, there is probably a local shop that you can take it to. Much cheaper than replacing the unit.
Good info, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts