Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,107 Posts
Correct, that is a leftover configuration from many years ago. At one time the Gen 2.5 section was restricted from new postings, but that went away in the summer of 2019 when the new forum software was implemented.

Post Gen2-specific items on whichever section you choose...just FOLLOW both of them.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Actually, it should say - 2002-2004 (Gen2) and 2005-2006 (Gen 2.5). There are also several other discrepancies in that area, and altogether a large number of corrections and changes that need to be made. The whole page needs a revamp, and I am working on that right now. I will be posting a proposed revision soon. We seriously need to get this going, as there is rampant confusion as the thing is right now, having not been updated in decades. Literally half the posts on the forum are not where they should be. Stay tuned to the main thread for more to come on this topic.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Thanks Larry.

BUT here's a challenge for you:

Are you willing to go through a decade of PROBLEM & ISSUES posts and reassign them to a certain Generation? :eek:

Yes. In fact, I already did this once, as part of a group, on another forum, when they changed the platform and reorganized, and also due to the Photobucket fiasco. They also added image storage, allowing direct image uploads to the server. I wound up moving thousands of posts, and replacing over 40k images. Fun? Nope. Tedious? Yup. Worth it? Yes. Took about four months. The hardest part was identifying images that were no longer visible, for other folks. But everyone worked together. Some images were lost forever. But I was still working then. I'm retired now. Here, literally every Section (in the Top 3) would have to be cleaned up. And I wouldn't want to do the images part. But, for the posts, taken one Section at a time, it can be done. The good part is, once it's done, maintenance becomes much simpler and easier, and the whole thing runs much more smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.