Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been talked about before but I cant seem to find a thread about it. I am building a turbo K24/K20 3rd gen crv and am wanting to swap over to a six speed manual while retaining the AWD system. Can it be done? I know they made the 3rd gen with a 6 speed manual briefly, but trying to find info on it is next to impossible. Was it available on the AWD model or only the FWD model? Would a transmission out of a civic si or rsx etc work? I have serious doubts about the ability of the stock 5 speed automatic holding up to the power that I am going to throw at it. I know anything can be done with enough money. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that they no longer make a manual transmission in the US models and even when they did they were a 5 speed transmission and not a 6 speed and were never offered on the 3rd gen and up. I'm needing to know how to either, get my hands on a Euro/JDM CRV 6 speed, or, will a six speed transmission from another K series car work ie, Civic SI, TSX, JDM Accord, or even an S2000.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Why do you feel a 6-speed would be any more capable in a high power application than the 5-speed?

Of the late model 6-speed transmissions I am aware of, 5th and 6th are overdrives.

What would the plan be to reprogram the ECU in the event you find a manual transmission that will work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts