Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Ebay:http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Painted-2007-2011-CR-V-CRV-Factory-Style-Spoiler-Wing-ABS-Nighthawk-Black-/171019824377?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:CR-V|Year:2007&hash=item27d1936cf9&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

Got it in less than 2 weeks from China

Unpacked it (well packaged & wrapped)

No Instructions, but pretty easy install, (especially since I did one on my 2000 CRV years ago.

Paper cut out for drilling location on both ends. First step: pop off plastic ends of Roof Rack rail

After drilling was done, I used Rust paint, inside & out of rear tailgate. (pic looks funny, but you can't even tell)

End result

Overall it took less than 1 Hour (except I let the paint dry on the tailgate before re-installing Spoiler), then painted the bolts inside the tailgate.

================================================================

Next Mod: Projector Halo HID Headlights:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190794909375?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks good in the picture. If you're happy with it, great.

Personally, I gave not seen an add-on spoiler I like yet. Gen 4 looks even worse. Some vehicles come with them and look fine. All part of the basic design.

But, we all do want we like and want. No problem there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Were you charged with taxes and duties on importation by customs? I am from Mississauga and I am also planning on buying one from ebay. Did it come with all necessary installation hardware(screws, template and rubber sealants/gaskets)? Also, my CRV is silver. Does it come only in black? The price is really cheap..Thanks...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Zdnar, didn't see your question until now.

There were no other fees or duties. It did come with all the harwarde required, but minimal instructions, but is straight forward. Also they do offer other colours.

Still love it a month later!

==============================

And I just installed my Projector Headlights and simply love the look of them over OEM.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks nice. Good job. I happen to like tailgate spoilers, some folks don't. Definitely to each his own.

Do you have pics of the headlights? I wish the CR-V's just came with them like the Euro version for 2013.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take pics this evening when the Halo's are most noticeable. It looks like a Beemer now ;o)

The projectors passenger side really light up the sidewalk, while the drivers side don't like they are supposed to. I would need a HID kit to get better lighting, like the U.K. versions do. (LX have Projectors, EX have the Projector/HID in Europe).

The nice thing about the aftermarket kit is the "Halo rings" which the U.K. OEM lights don't have!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No worries Rickman, I am in no rush to order, but at least i know where is the cheapest. I also want to install projector headlights and jdm side mirrors with turn signals in the long run. I am still looking for part numbers for these items. Would love to see pictures of of DIY mods.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts