Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to give back to the community, this is the addition of steering wheel controls

1) Purchase steering wheel controls (with harness) and clockspring (if you have NO controls of any sort), otherwise no need to buy another cable reel

2) Add pins to dashboard side connector of the cable reel/clockspring

3) Connect these on the dash side
Pins 9 and 10 (dash side) to stereo illumination, GRY 9 is ILL +12(orange wire on stereo) and RED 10 is ILL GND (BLK)
Pins 3 and 4 to audio controls, PNK (or Peach) 4 is + or to SW1 and BRN is GND

This is th dash side connector with only you cruise control buttons, still missing pins 3 and 4 and pins 18 and 19 (if you have call/voice controls)

This is the SW side connector

4) Optional: if you have phone controls like mine, those are in pins 18 and 19 (YEL and GRN). No worries,you can tap them together either inside the SW harness (also at Pins 18 and 19) together with Pin 9
[or if you have pins on the dash side you can just tap them into Pin 3]

End of project:

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Parts List

I'm in process of doing this mod myself and thought I'd include the parts list for interested parties. I'm going from normal steering wheel controls to adding the 'touch to talk' buttons' that come with the Navi enabled units. If the OP doesn't mind, I'll also piggy-back on this thread and add a detailed walk-through of how to do this.

I ordered my parts online.

1. 35890-SWA-A01 Switch Assy., Navigation Guide - Qty 1
  2. 78518-SWA-N81 Set Plate, L. - Qty 1
  3. 90178-SNB-N61 Screw, Tapping (3X8) (Po) - Qty 2
  4. 90173-SL4-003 Screw-Washer (4X12) - Qty 2
  5. 77901-SWA-A20 Sub-Wire, Cable Reel - Qty 1
  6. 78518-SWA-C41ZA Cover, Body *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in process of doing this mod myself and thought I'd include the parts list for interested parties. I'm going from normal steering wheel controls to adding the 'touch to talk' buttons' that come with the Navi enabled units. If the OP doesn't mind, I'll also piggy-back on this thread and add a detailed walk-through of how to do this.

I ordered my parts online.

1. 35890-SWA-A01 Switch Assy., Navigation Guide - Qty 1
  2. 78518-SWA-N81 Set Plate, L. - Qty 1
  3. 90178-SNB-N61 Screw, Tapping (3X8) (Po) - Qty 2
  4. 90173-SL4-003 Screw-Washer (4X12) - Qty 2
  5. 77901-SWA-A20 Sub-Wire, Cable Reel - Qty 1
  6. 78518-SWA-C41ZA Cover, Body *NH167L* (GRAPHITE BLACK)

Hi, You finish the job?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, however I am on the verge of doing this upgrade to my 2007 LX and had a question. I purchased an entire steering wheel with controls to replace mine and Im finding that the clock springs dont seem to offer a "different" one from whats in my car to one with steering controls. Is that correct or do I need the clock spring?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts