Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2013 owners manual shows the side rail jack points for the included scissor jack, and where you would place jack stands when using a floor jack. But it never defines the safe/approved jack points for actually lifting the front or rear with a floor jack. I downloaded a few pages from the service manual from a friend's subscription, but it didn't show this very clearly either (pictorially), but the description of placement was there in the text. So here goes:

Front: Center bumps on the large cross-member below the radiator. There is a cutout in the lower plastic shroud that exposes this.

Rear: The IRS cross-member has a bump plate welded to it that makes a natural spot. Some have suggested using the rear differential, towards the rear cover. That's the approved Subaru jack point and should work fine here too, but I feel better about the cross-member after examining it. I made a composite image for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Experimenting to see if 'manage attachments' works any better than a web hosted image.

Edit: Similar resolution.... As I can't delete this entry, might as well make it useful & post a cropped image of the lift point.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts