Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Offroad with a gen 4, that's funny.

If you cant find lift kits on google then your out of luck.

These stopped being worth anything off the pavement after gen 3, it became a soccer mom commuting vehicle.

You can go offroad but hope you have deep pockets for tow trucks and repairs.

Final note, jeep isnt the answer unless buying a Wrangler. Any other jeep is a cheaply made piece of crap once they expanded beyond only a cherokee and wrangler under the jeep name

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
How is your 4th gen offroad? How is the AWD system. Love how it looks with those tires!
The AWD is useless even on wet grass. The tires probably cut it.

Reactions: PrimedCRV

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Driven in snow plenty. 4th Gen AWD is good enough for getting moving at icy stoplight but not good for climbing slippery hills or playing in deep mud. What I have seen in videos Gen5 seems to be superior.

Can't beat the fully mechanical first generation RT4Wd tho. Had serious fun in snow and offroad with it.

·
Registered
2013 CR-V EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The BFG's definitely help with the shotty "real time" AWD system. Without the help ofko2s, she would get stuck in loose mud and clay. Planning to get a 2-3 inch lift (spacers + control arms) from HRGengineering. Plus they're made in my own state!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I’m offroading a gen 4 and need more clearance. Is there any universal lifts for the gen 4? View attachment 137596 View attachment 137597
They don't offer much for the gen 4 so you kinda have to make things work on your own for now. But you have a great set up already. Here's some older pics of mine with a two inch lift with bigger tires. I'll update with better pictures once I add more things to it.
20200519_150146.jpg
20200519_150207.jpg
20200519_150240.jpg
20200519_150223.jpg
20200519_150256.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everyman Driver off road tested a 2014 CR-V EX-L and did well albeit he took the easiest path through the ORV park he was at in Washington State.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CR-V SE
29 Posts
The BFG's definitely help with the shotty "real time" AWD system. Without the help ofko2s, she would get stuck in loose mud and clay. Planning to get a 2-3 inch lift (spacers + control arms) from HRGengineering. Plus they're made in my own state!

Vincent,

Did you ever move forward with a lift? I have a Gen 3 2011, but the kit you mention is the same for my car and yours. it seems like every single thread with information about lifting a Gen 3 ends without answers.

·
Registered
2013 CR-V EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vincent,

Did you ever move forward with a lift? I have a Gen 3 2011, but the kit you mention is the same for my car and yours. it seems like every single thread with information about lifting a Gen 3 ends without answers.
Sadly no, I don't feel comfortable installing strut spacers on my gen4. But I will be purchasing/installing aftermarket coil springs from Dobinsons, Australia. Both front and rear are taller by 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V SE
29 Posts
Looks like this was the only post Just4funV placed on the forum, but I'd love to talk to you if you're still around somewhere. Hoping maybe you get an email notification on this. What exact spacer kit did you use for lift? what exact tire wheel size? ...225/75/16? Are you using wheel spacers? It looks like more wheel poke than a 225/75/16 would give normally.

They don't offer much for the gen 4 so you kinda have to make things work on your own for now. But you have a great set up already. Here's some older pics of mine with a two inch lift with bigger tires. I'll update with better pictures once I add more things to it. View attachment 138907 View attachment 138908 View attachment 138909 View attachment 138910 View attachment 138911

1 - 18 of 18 Posts