Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, little help here. My V with 41,000 plus miles just came up with the MM B7 code with 90% oil life. I do not want to pay $140 for this service. I cannot find how much brake fluid this V needs or a Honda diagram of which direction/order to bleed the brakes. Any help is appreciated. I see another user posted a video on the Gen 4, his vehicle called for a front left start as opposed to back left start. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring Modern Steel
47 Posts
Generally, you start with the one farthest away and end with the one closest. I just got a 2018 CR-V Touring and it looks like the reservoir is in left front but master cylinder is in right front, so if it was me I would start at left rear. I have worked on various brands and models of cars and trucks for over 55 years and I would leave this to a competent mechanic or dealer. At on point in my life I might have considered tackling this but not now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,985 Posts
Like said always frar first nearest last 1 QT, knowing a 2nd is best on hand but 40K wish you luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Driver front, passenger front, passenger rear and finally driver rear in that order.

not furthest from reservoir like in the old days

a 32oz bottle is more than enough to bleed the entire vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve never worried about order. Done brake flushes many many times. You’re just sucking out one fluid and replenishing with a new one. What’s the legitimate risk of a different order?

For those who want to do this easy-a $20 tool at harbor freight hooked to an air compressor is cheap and gets it done in minutes (not including wheel removal
and reinstall).

For any newbies, be very careful making sure you don’t spill brake fluid on any parts of the car as it is extremely corrosive and can damage paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts