Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gen3 didn't come with what seems to be called a "cargo shelf"… that platform who splits the trunk into 2 levels. So I'm thinking to just make one out of plywood and glue some fabric on top.

Could one of you take a picture (from above) of theirs, and also give me some of the measurements?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Do your side panels have the supports for the cargo shelf? If yes then you can just follow the lines cutting a prototype out of cardboard and then cutting the plywood original. The shelf sits flush in the groove.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
One thing I really miss on the gen5 CRV is that nice cargo shelf that gen3s came with.

To the OP.. have you checked local salvage yards for a cargo shelf? I would bet that there are some salvage gen3 CRVs around... given how many of them were sold over the years.

You can also buy these off the internet.. from various suppliers through ebay, amazon, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mariano but dont worry. I've made already a template, cut the wood, and im now finishing the edge. Next is a piano hinge and carpet lining.

I will try to make a template to share.

I've made an inquiry to a wrecker,, he wanted AUD $175.. (118 usd). I estimate mine at around $70 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts