Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CR-V and was wondering about MMI intervals in general and in particular with respect to the rear diff fluid.

I know people recommend that the rear diff fluid be changed every 15k to 20k miles, but I'm wondering how often people see the B16 code on their MMI. I got my first B16 code at 13k miles but haven't gotten another once since. I just got a B13 code at 60.5k miles and had the dealer do the rear diff while they were doing the atf, but I'm surprised that I haven't seen the "6" code since 13k miles.

I also couldn't find a thread where people share their MMI vs mileage history - is there one out there?. Here's mine FWIW:

code miles
A1 4k
B16 13k
A12 23k
B1 33k
A1 41k
B12 51.k
B13 60.5k

·
0 Posts
Hey there! I was curious of the same thing! I had the following codes so far (2014 CR-V)

A1 7K (Honda informed me the use synthetic oi on the new CR-V's which is why it went so long before the first change)

B16 14k (Went through with the rear diff fluid change)

A1 22K (dealer installed new wipers and I changed engine and cabin air filters on my own)

B1 ?? (this is my next code but I won't need this service for awhile as I just had the previous one done)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this rear diff fluid thing. My dealer charged me $80 to change it. (I would've done it myself but other than oil changes, I'm not that handy with cars and I don't even like to do my own oil changes).

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you can change your oil, you can definitely change the rear diff oil. You will need a breaker bar, quart bottle pump, 18mm and 20mm crush washers, and 2 quarts of Honda Dual Pump II fluid. Around $35-40 for all supplies including the pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts