Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm running General Altimax RT43's on my '09... A bit less 'rugged' than the Grabber's, but still meaty and carries the M&S (mud & snow) rating. I live in VT and like you I wanted to try and get away from dedicated snows if I could. The RT43's are very highly reviewed on TireRack and other online stores and have good winter ratings as well. This is will be my first winter with them, but the way they have performed in the rain and mud of dirt roads here makes me feel pretty confident they will do fine. Plus they have a 75k warranty - probably enough to last until I need a new vehicle.

I've been impressed with General tires for a while now. They are typically priced less than the competition and offer better performance. I had Blizzacks years ago and was thrilled with how they did in snow, but they don't last very long. Now we run General Altimax Arctics in winter and they perform as well as the Blizzacks but cost less and last much much longer. General is owned by Continental, but they must be independent because I've never been happy with the Conti's that come as oem tires on the Hondas. We have a new '15 Pilot with stock Conti's, and I plan on running the Arctics on it over the winter. If history repeats itself, those oem tires won't last long and I'll get a set of RT43's for the Pilot when the time comes.

I will say though that I like the look of those AT2 Grabbers :) Pretty rugged. But did you go with a narrower tire? I thought the CRV's ran 225's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.