Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Update: Nov 24, 2018
Hello All, A fellow member asked for this list. This is all I could remember from reading all your posts in the last five months. Please let me know if I've missed anything and we can update the list. Thank you.

[1] Multiple error messages on DID, transmission jerks/hesitates, vehicle slows down on its own, vehicle shut off on its own. - Reason: Unkown. Possible Reason: Faulty control modules. - Solution: Usually solved with a hard reset. If a hard reset does not solve the issue, take the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostics.

[2] Compass stuck pointing North. - Solution: Soft reset.

[3] Bluetooth conncetion between phone and vehicle keeps disconnecting. - Solution: Delete all the paired devices on the phone and the vehicle then re-pair the phone to the vehicle.

[4] Rear hatch gaps are too wide/uneven on both sides. - Reason: poor manufacturing quality. - Solution: Have dealer adjust it.

[5] Loud tire noise/ hard ride. - Reason: over inflated tires. - Solution: Check tire pressures and adjust them to 33/30 if higher.

[6] Auto high-beam options page/list is missing or does not work. - Reason: Unknown.
- Solution:
1- Turn the ignition to OFF.
2- Remove the No. 18 BACKUP (10 A) from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
3- Wait a few minutes then install the fuse.

[7] Unable to dim centre screen brightness for night time. - Reason: Unknown. - Solution: software update is available, dealer to call Honda tech line and a USB with the software will be sent to dealer. .

[8] Buzzing sounds from dashboard area. - Reason: some parts of the AC system have not been properly insulated. - Solution: Dealer to install clamps on AC inlet pipes that are causing the buzzing noises (There is a TSB for it).

[9] Noise from rear quarter of the vehicle. - Reason: malfunctioning gas pump. - Solution: replace gas pump. (There is a TSB for it).

[10] Dents and scratches on instrument panel, screens or the exterior of car. - Reason: damage during transportation or PDI. - Solution: Have the dealer replace/buff/fix.(Only if discovered shortly after purchasing the vehicle)

[11] Noise/vibrations from underneath the vehicle at highway speeds (+60 mph) - Reason: unbalanced or defective driveshafts. - Solution: have dealer replace the defective parts.

[12] Dead Battery. - Reason: parasitic battery draw. - Solution: software update available at dealerships for free (There is a TSB for it).

[13] Head unit crashing frequently, taking longer to load, rear view camera taking longer to come on or not turning on at all and you have to shift out of reverse and back in again for the camera to turn on, guidance lines missing or delayed, etc. - Reason: Unknown. - Possible Causes: phone plugged in early before system initializes, software glitches, high capacity USB or iPod is plugged in. -Solution: Unknown. - Temporary fix: Unplug all devices, reset, hard reset.

[14] Clunking noise from rear underneath the vehicle over speed bumps - loose sway bar linkage (anti sway bar end-link mounting bolt). Or lose brake rotors baking plates.

[15] Carplay / Apple Maps navigation directions audio is too low. The vehicle does not lower radio volume while navigation directions are being said. - Solution: Head unit firmware update.

[16] ACC does not keep a steady speed. - Solution: Software update. There is a TSB.

[17] Traffic Updates are not working. - Solution: Replace head-unit / software update. See dealer for details.

[18] Honda Link not working. - Solution: Update the Honda Link app to latest version. Remove the Vehicle's profile from the app. Reconnect the app to the vehicle via blue tooth. Select the last option on the right that Enables Diagnostic Data and Location Info to be always on.

[19] Insufficient heat in the cabin - Solution: from a cold start
1- deselect the auto AC option
2- select fresh air (not recric)
3- lower the fan to slowest speed
4- turn the heat up to max level
5- start driving 6- notice the engine temp gauge goes up, once it reaches half way, turn up the fan speed to 3 or 4.
P.S. There is now a product update from Honda addressing this issue N60 and N61. See dealer for details.

[20] Fuel in the engine oil, fuel smell, increased engine oil level. - Solution: There is now a product update from Honda addressing this issue N60 and N61. See dealer for details.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chinook, thank you for this post!

Please excuse me if I missed this somewhere within this forum, but how do you do a Hard Reset on a 2017 CR-V Touring?

I read that you should push and hold the On/Off, Menu, and Dim Buttons. I've tried this - to no avail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Soft reset" = push and hold power button for a few seconds.
"Hard reset" = turn off the engine, unplug the negative car battery terminal for 15 minutes and reconnect. Start the engine. Take your CRV for a short drive to clear all codes/error messages and for systems to start functioning normally.

Chinook, thank you for this post!

Please excuse me if I missed this somewhere within this forum, but how do you do a Hard Reset on a 2017 CR-V Touring?

I read that you should push and hold the On/Off, Menu, and Dim Buttons. I've tried this - to no avail.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do I add the compass issue to this list? Still getting up to speed. Not sure what's considered appropriate. And what about the Bluetooth issue (constant dropouts) that brought me here?

Compass not displaying:
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/132754-2017-honda-crv-ex-where-compass-3.html#post1029161

Bluetooth dropouts:
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/142322-brand-new-2017-ex-bluetooth-dropping-constantly-fix.html?highlight=

·
Registered
106 Posts
The body panel gap thing is a Honda trend lately. Not sure why. The panel gaps were tight and consistent on our 2014 Civic. On our 2016 Civic, and our 2017 CR-V, much wider gaps, and less consistent gap variations along a panel.

Something has occurred in Honda's build process. Not sure what, but it's intentional. They just aren't as picky about this as they were with the last generation cars. Not sure if it saves money somehow, assembly time, or whatever. But if you look at my sister's 7 or 8 year old Odyssey, and our old 2014 Civic, there is a definite degradation in assembly precision with the new Hondas.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Surely any list of problems here should include the one where the car has a concurrent failure of all the warning sensors, and sometimes gets stranded on the side of the road or limps into the dealer? Did I miss that on the list above? Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Surely any list of problems here should include the one where the car has a concurrent failure of all the warning sensors, and sometimes gets stranded on the side of the road or limps into the dealer? Did I miss that on the list above? Thanks.
I'm aware of this problem (http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/145233-2017-cvr-ex-w-350-miles-every-single-malfunction-light-came.html) which is fixed by disconnecting the battery, but I am not aware of anyone being "stranded" or "limping into the dealer"

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm aware of this problem (http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/145233-2017-cvr-ex-w-350-miles-every-single-malfunction-light-came.html) which is fixed by disconnecting the battery, but I am not aware of anyone being "stranded" or "limping into the dealer"
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word stranded? Or limping? Shutting down in traffic or on the freeway was in my mind, either having to be towed or wait til the system will come back up to drive home. And stopping en route and driving slowly to the dealer.

On the first page of the thread:
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/135513-2017-crv-reporting-problems-multiple-electrical-systems-while-driving.html

"It also would not shut off. I called Honda Roadside and 5 hours after the initial call around 6am, it was at the dealership. Snow was coming down and tow trucks had to attend to police calls as priority."

Just yesterday, this was posted on page 5 of this thread:
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/135513-2017-crv-reporting-problems-multiple-electrical-systems-while-driving-5.html#post1042801

"It shut down with all of the error messages as above. I was able to pull a bit off the road but still made a mess of traffic with law enforcement setting up barriers around the car and directing traffic. I am so thankful it happened in a 25 mph area and not on the freeway! It may not have been a good ending. After calling Honda Roadside assistance... which was of no help at all .... AAA towed me back to their facility and the car will then be towed to the dealership. "​

I was just adding it to the list -- this multiple warnings issue ought to be at the top of the list of problems to keep an eye out for in our own cars.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word stranded? Or limping? Shutting down in traffic or on the freeway was in my mind, either having to be towed or wait til the system will come back up to drive home. And stopping en route and driving slowly to the dealer.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/135513-2017-crv-reporting-problems-multiple-electrical-systems-while-driving.html

"It also would not shut off. I called Honda Roadside and 5 hours after the initial call around 6am, it was at the dealership. Snow was coming down and tow trucks had to attend to police calls as priority."

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/135513-2017-crv-reporting-problems-multiple-electrical-systems-while-driving-5.html#post1042801

"It shut down with all of the error messages as above. I was able to pull a bit off the road but still made a mess of traffic with law enforcement setting up barriers around the car and directing traffic. I am so thankful it happened in a 25 mph area and not on the freeway! It may not have been a good ending. After calling Honda Roadside assistance... which was of no help at all .... AAA towed me back to their facility and the car will then be towed to the dealership. "​

I was just adding it to the list -- this multiple warnings issue ought to be at the top of the list of problems to keep an eye out for in our own cars.
Gotcha... Misunderstanding on my part... Sorry about that

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done. Thank you.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,903 Posts
Chinook,

Thanks for compiling these issues into one place.

I made it a 'sticky'. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brand new here. I am learning so much about my new 2017 CRV LX from this forum. I have read LOTS of threads but none of them spoke to my specific issue. My iphone 6 pairs with the bluetooth but when I receive a call it always says "unknown." I am able to pull up my phonebook and last numbers dialed, but I have never had a name come up. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and they told me Honda knew it was an issue and when it was solved, they would let me know. It has been 4 months. So if I'm driving and my phone rings, I have to pull my phone out to see who is calling me. Very annoying. Otherwise, love the car. This is my 3rd CRV.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Tennesseegal,
1- Check your bluetooth settings
2- If that does not help, you can enable the Announce Calls option.
This should serve you until Honda fixes that bug.

Brand new here. I am learning so much about my new 2017 CRV LX from this forum. I have read LOTS of threads but none of them spoke to my specific issue. My iphone 6 pairs with the bluetooth but when I receive a call it always says "unknown." I am able to pull up my phonebook and last numbers dialed, but I have never had a name come up. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and they told me Honda knew it was an issue and when it was solved, they would let me know. It has been 4 months. So if I'm driving and my phone rings, I have to pull my phone out to see who is calling me. Very annoying. Otherwise, love the car. This is my 3rd CRV.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The touchscreen area (not sure what to call it) has been resetting on me while driving. It first goes black and says "No device found" when I'm using Apple CarPlay. Then when I press Home, it doesn't allow to go back to the AppleCar play (I tried unplugging and plugging it back in). And when I leave it alone, the system restarts (it gets all black, then I see the Honda logo, then after starting, CarPlay starts up again).
I have tried to do a factory reset, and it still crashes like that.

I also have issues with "jerky" transmission...
I see it happening when you remove the foot off the gas, slow down to around 10-13 miles, then speed up slowly/lightly. This is usually more noticeable when you are stuck in traffic. It's VERY annoying. This is a brand new car! :|

Could you guys let me know how to do a soft and hard reset?
I know the one to hold the audio power button down, is that a soft reset?
How do I perform the hard reset?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
FRENIEC

that will not solve your trans problem.......take in to your dealer and have them sort it out... use your warranty

1 - 20 of 175 Posts