Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion!

Quick update- apparently the compressor/condensor are OK but the discharge hose is blown. The person at the dealership was also saying that they are seeing a lot of people come in with bum A/Cs- so personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Honda issues a TSB around the whole A/C system. It seems like the transition to 1234yf is creating a bunch of issues.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Quick update- apparently the compressor/condensor are OK but the discharge hose is blown. The person at the dealership was also saying that they are seeing a lot of people come in with bum A/Cs- so personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Honda issues a TSB around the whole A/C system. It seems like the transition to 1234yf is creating a bunch of issues.
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. :confused::mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. :confused::mad:
I know! I would HIGHLY recommend any CRV owners that own the model year 2017 or later pay attention to their A/C system in the near future in, and if anything seems even a bit off, to take it in before the 36K/3 year factory warranty expires. A/C repairs can be insanely expensive- and these systems shouldn't be breaking down after a few years...

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I know! I would HIGHLY recommend any CRV owners that own the model year 2017 or later pay attention to their A/C system in the near future in, and if anything seems even a bit off, to take it in before the 36K/3 year factory warranty expires. A/C repairs can be insanely expensive- and these systems shouldn't be breaking down after a few years...
In my view.....more justification for bargain shopping a HondaCare extended warranty online and buying it immediately after purchase of a new Honda. Not that expensive and very likely to pay big dividends to the prudent owner on the first warranty claim.

To the forum community in general....given how many of you publicly lament a perceived decline in Honda quality.... you should all be buying extended warranties if you purchase a Honda. What is really going on though is vehicles are simply getting more complex resulting in more things that could potentially fail, and repairs are moving more and more to "FRUs" which generally are expensive due to markups on replacement parts in motor vehicle supply chains.

·
Registered
74 Posts
although I'm leasing x 60 months I'm glad the salesman talked me into extended warranty

·
Registered
2020 CR-V EX-L Hybrid
16 Posts

Lets hope they fixed them in the 2020 models 😬😬😬
I have noticed that mine is kinda weak (not very cold) but it might just be the auto climate control regulating the temperature. I have yet to turn it to full blast and see what it can do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife has a 2007 crv w/155k miles. It has been and still is a great car with only a couple I issues since new. We have had many Honda in our lifetime and they have all been great. It is time to get her a new car mainly for all the safety features. After reading this thread a new CRV spent seen like a good move due to everything in reading.....

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Sorry fat fingered some on my previous thread but it appears there are a lot of issues with the current generation crvs.
Some issues for some owners... yep.

"A lot of issues" .... nope... and honestly most of the issues with gen5 were early and were addressed by Honda.

In my view.. one of the best places to check for degree of issues with a brand/model is the NHTSA website, NOT internet discussion forums. The issue with internet discussion forums is unhappy people seek them to vent and complain and happy people just keep on driving and enjoying their vehicle. :) And even with the NHTSA site catalog of owner reported issues.. you have to watch for repeat complaints filed by the same person as they do not get them all scrubbed out and some people subscribe to the school of "complain early, complain often" in hopes of getting special attention.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V EX-L Hybrid
16 Posts
Sorry fat fingered some on my previous thread but it appears there are a lot of issues with the current generation crvs.
Yea I have a 2020 CR-V and I just checked my A/C again and it is totally fine. I just had the climate control on a high number so it did not work hard (to save gas) I also had some vents closed. I opened them up and it is all good. I have driven it only for a few weeks but there are absolutely 0 issues with the car at all. It is perfect. I would not be so worried.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word stranded? Or limping? Shutting down in traffic or on the freeway was in my mind, either having to be towed or wait til the system will come back up to drive home. And stopping en route and driving slowly to the dealer.

On the first page of the thread:

"It also would not shut off. I called Honda Roadside and 5 hours after the initial call around 6am, it was at the dealership. Snow was coming down and tow trucks had to attend to police calls as priority."

Just yesterday, this was posted on page 5 of this thread:

"It shut down with all of the error messages as above. I was able to pull a bit off the road but still made a mess of traffic with law enforcement setting up barriers around the car and directing traffic. I am so thankful it happened in a 25 mph area and not on the freeway! It may not have been a good ending. After calling Honda Roadside assistance... which was of no help at all .... AAA towed me back to their facility and the car will then be towed to the dealership. "

I was just adding it to the list -- this multiple warnings issue ought to be at the top of the list of problems to keep an eye out for in our own cars.
I actually have this issue and it should be at the top of the list it's horrible, all the warning lights under the sun comes on, disconnecting the battery works in just resetting it temporarily but they all come back on!! And when reset the car works mechanically fine. Don't know what to do especially being out of warranty

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I actually have this issue and it should be at the top of the list it's horrible, all the warning lights under the sun comes on, disconnecting the battery works in just resetting it temporarily but they all come back on!! And when reset the car works mechanically fine. Don't know what to do especially being out of warranty
Your battery is a prime suspect here. Until you have your battery properly tested and declared good, you are shooting into the wind here.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts