Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you !! . I read in another thread about disconnecting the battery and re-connecting.
I did that, all kind of old and NEW messages showed up in the beginning but was told by the dealership to drive the car a short distance so the systems can "re-learn" certain parameters.
Did that for about 4 miles and all the messages went away.

Had already arranged to take it to the dealer but they said that since I had disconnected the battery all failure codes had been deleted as well (which I don't necessarily agree with..I'm sure there is a hard memory which records and keeps all failures).
Anyway, decided to wait and drive it and see If the problem re-appears.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you share what specific part number was replaced to fix the display? I had the beeping and flashing problem and a part was replaced (with a used part), and now the display does not work at all. Dealer still trying to fix the problem.
Not sure if my issues are the same as everyone else's but I've been told new/revised displays are being produced and there's NO time table for their release. They couldn't tell me if it's be a day, week, month or 6 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Longtime Honda owner here. We are driving out to pick up our new 2019 CR-V EX-L on Thursday morning.

What do you think about sending email with the items below to the dealer rep (#s from OP's list)? If there are firmware updates or known issues, it would seem best if these could get fixed before my wife first sees the car. Of course, the dealer may just say, "No problems with this one, my man! That was all 2017 stuff."

Item 4: Uneven Rear Hatch gaps. Inspect hatch. If gaps are uneven, please adjust.
Item 7: Display Software/Firmware problems. Update software/firmware to latest.
Item 8: AC Vibration: Install clamps as provided in TSB.
Item 12: Parasitic Battery: Install software/firmware update.
Item 14: Carplay Audio: Update display firmware.
Item 16: Heat Problems: Update software.

Anything I'm missing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to me that the Oil Issue only applies to honda Cars manufactured in the USA and Canada
Have had our 2017 CRV in New Zealand for 18 months now , no issues at all. no Reports of oil problems,
Car was built in Thailand , very happy with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm having the "jerky" transmission issue. it is happening when you remove the foot off the gas, slow down to around 10-15 miles, then speed up slowly/lightly. it feels horrible. i've turned the eco on-off, use the S gear, hard reset.... and the problem stills.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
161 Posts
i'm having the "jerky" transmission issue. it is happening when you remove the foot off the gas, slow down to around 10-15 miles, then speed up slowly/lightly. it feels horrible. i've turned the eco on-off, use the S gear, hard reset.... and the problem stills.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance
I would take it to the dealership since it'll be under warranty, hopefully they can replicate the problems or even better I would video tape it if I were you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Three days ago purchased an 2017 LX AWD, Certified Pre-Owned with 13 K miles..

The airbag warning light next to the speedometer, comes on after a few minutes of driving and will stay on until the car is turned off. Yesterday I brought to a dealer closer to my home (the dealer I bought from is about 40 minutes away).

They told me a code that indicates an intermittent system failure was shown. They cleared it and said they couldn't get it to come on after a test drive.

It stayed off on several trips yesterday. This morning commute it came on again.

Any ideas or anyone who has had this happened, any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Three days ago purchased an 2017 LX AWD, Certified Pre-Owned with 13 K miles..

The airbag warning light next to the speedometer, comes on after a few minutes of driving and will stay on until the car is turned off. Yesterday I brought to a dealer closer to my home (the dealer I bought from is about 40 minutes away).

They told me a code that indicates an intermittent system failure was shown. They cleared it and said they couldn't get it to come on after a test drive.

It stayed off on several trips yesterday. This morning commute it came on again.

Any ideas or anyone who has had this happened, any advice is appreciated.
I doubt anyone can really help. Not even sure what a "system failure" would mean. If it were me, I'd go to an Autozone or O'Reilly and see if a code reader can pick up the code.

I would also check all wiring around the seats. Make sure the rails of the seat haven't slid over the airbag wires for the seat.

Otherwise this is a dealer issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[12] Dead Battery. - Reason: parasitic battery draw. - Solution: software update available at dealerships for free (There is a TSB for it).

Got a 2019 CRV and battery died twice after 3 days staying in garage. The dealer says Honda knows about the problem but no solution yet! Is this acceptable? Seems that the battery problem has been reported frequently in the past too!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
[12] Dead Battery. - Reason: parasitic battery draw. - Solution: software update available at dealerships for free (There is a TSB for it).

Got a 2019 CRV and battery died twice after 3 days staying in garage. The dealer says Honda knows about the problem but no solution yet! Is this acceptable? Seems that the battery problem has been reported frequently in the past too!
It's a very common issue. And apparently the old software update didn't do anything even on newer vehicles.

It seems like it is still tied to the electronic emergency brake. I'd suggest not using it except in extreme cases or when you are going to use the car shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's a very common issue. And apparently the old software update didn't do anything even on newer vehicles.

It seems like it is still tied to the electronic emergency brake. I'd suggest not using it except in extreme cases or when you are going to use the car shortly afterwards.
To be clear, the old software update solved the issue on vehicles it was designed for, mine included, which is a '17.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts

Anybody know (I haven't had a chance to look) if the electric emergency brake is on its own circuit? If so I wonder if that fuse can be temporarily pulled without generating all sorts of error messages and warnings? I never use the emergency brake so would prefer to not take a chance on it causing a dead battery. Of course if it's certain that it only causes the drain if the driver uses the emergency brake - then I guess I have no worries.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
To be clear, the old software update solved the issue on vehicles it was designed for, mine included, which is a '17.

I don't think there is proof of this statement. It was supposedly applied to all new vehicles produced after the update was released. Mine specifically died after using the emergency brake one evening.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I don't think there is proof of this statement. It was supposedly applied to all new vehicles produced after the update was released. Mine specifically died after using the emergency brake one evening.
Your standards of proof are not aligned with the majority of posters here, haha. Let me try again.

Since applying the fix to my '17, I use the parking brake always (automatically turns on) and my battery does not die. Prior to getting the fix, it did die. Based on the rules of evidence, we know (assuming you believe me) that it worked at least once and less than always for parasitic battery situations.

Now if everyone would be so specific to the facts.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Your standards of proof are not aligned with the majority of posters here, haha. Let me try again.

Since applying the fix to my '17, I use the parking brake always (automatically turns on) and my battery does not die. Prior to getting the fix, it did die. Based on the rules of evidence, we know (assuming you believe me) that it worked at least once and less than always for parasitic battery situations.

Now if everyone would be so specific to the facts.

My vehicle had the update applied at factory. I had the issue after using the parking brake one night. Completely dead battery. Not fixable.

Since then, I have not used the emergency brake. No issues since then.

Your account and mine are not proof of anything.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My vehicle had the update applied at factory. I had the issue after using the parking brake one night. Completely dead battery. Not fixable.

Since then, I have not used the emergency brake. No issues since then.

Your account and mine are not proof of anything.
My take-away: The electronic parking brake can't be trusted and should not be used - especially for overnight or extended parking. Sucks that my 1968 Chevy had a more dependable parking brake than my 2018 CRV!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My take-away: The electronic parking brake can't be trusted and should not be used - especially for overnight or extended parking. Sucks that my 1968 Chevy had a more dependable parking brake than my 2018 CRV!
Exactly my thoughts. I haven't used it more then twice in 15 months of ownership. It's really not a huge issue though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
And yet, I had my electronic parking brake set to auto engage every time I parked the car, on my '18 Touring and never had a battery issue, even after letting it sit for one week and two weeks on separate occasions.

It's possible that the update to the software on a person's CR-V wasn't properly applied, (if at all) by the dealer. Regarding one that supposedly had the update "applied" in the factory...well, I would guess that it wasn't an update that was applied, but rather the new version of the software that was (from that point on) initially installed in all new CR-V's at the factory. It's also possible that the member's battery or charging system had a totally different issue from the software update.

121 - 140 of 181 Posts