Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think you missed his point.

You posted nothing new that hasn't already been discussed and dismissed many times. If you want to live life worrying about every possible bad thing that could happen to you, go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to hop on board your train to Paranoiaville. :)
Thats this entire forum basically lol
Thread after thread of people without problems trying to solve them before hand.

So embarassing that when you type in the forum name on google and a crvoc AD with should i buy this post comes up lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
2017 CR-V Shift Lever Button Problem: My shift lever button became loose yesterday. I used masking tape to hold it on, and stopped by my local dealer after work. The service advisor said there's a new recall for this (??), and as they weren't as busy as usual, they worked me right in. A bit over an hour later the redesigned part was installed and I was on my way.

BTW, they told me that what I did with the masking tape was a really good idea. So I suggest that to everyone who has the original shift lever button – if yours starts to feel loose, tape it so it stays in place, and get to a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chinook, thank you for this post!

Please excuse me if I missed this somewhere within this forum, but how do you do a Hard Reset on a 2017 CR-V Touring?

I read that you should push and hold the On/Off, Menu, and Dim Buttons. I've tried this - to no avail.
Hold the audio on button in for at least 3 seconds, screen will as if you want to reboot, press reboot. It will start all over then. This was from consumer reports. Worked on my 2017 CRV EX L

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hold the audio on button in for at least 3 seconds, screen will as if you want to reboot, press reboot. It will start all over then. This was from consumer reports. Worked on my 2017 CRV EX L
That's a soft reset. Hard reset it to remove the ground cable from the battery for 10 minutes or so, and then reattach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Maybe it is possible for someone to help me in this forum. I was driving my 2017 CRV EX-L this morning when I noticed my brightness feature was adjusting on its own then after about 2 - 3 minutes doing this the screen kept going on and off while simultaneously adjusting the brightness. Can someone please provide any troubleshooting tip that would help resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
THis happens every single time I drive over 15 min on a highway-sooo annoying

·
Registered
71 Posts
While driving my 2019 EX-L I went to look at the screen displaying my radio stations and it was flashing Green and black with gibberish icons and characters all over the screen. After 1 minute it froze. A soft reset fix it

·
Registered
2 Posts
The body panel gap thing is a Honda trend lately. Not sure why. The panel gaps were tight and consistent on our 2014 Civic. On our 2016 Civic, and our 2017 CR-V, much wider gaps, and less consistent gap variations along a panel.

Something has occurred in Honda's build process. Not sure what, but it's intentional. They just aren't as picky about this as they were with the last generation cars. Not sure if it saves money somehow, assembly time, or whatever. But if you look at my sister's 7 or 8-year-old Odyssey, and our old 2014 Civic, there is a definite degradation in assembly precision with the new Hondas.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, something is going on at hondas engineering department. After driving a 2000 Accord and then 2 Toyotas I purchased in 2017 a CR-V ater driving it home I inspected the body quality and couldn't believe the size of the door gaps and even worst the tailgate gaps and alignment. I took it back for adjustment but it never was straightened perfectly. Even worst is the wrap-around design of the doors. The bottom seals are a joke. Since I live on a gravel road the seals are always dirty and the inner door cavity in front of the seals is always dirty. The only way to clean the car is by spraying the door areas in a coin wash and then in a good automatic wash. Whatever happened to Honda fit and finish?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with you, something is going on at hondas engineering department. After driving a 2000 Accord and then 2 Toyotas I purchased in 2017 a CR-V ater driving it home I inspected the body quality and couldn't believe the size of the door gaps and even worst the tailgate gaps and alignment. I took it back for adjustment but it never was straightened perfectly. Even worst is the wrap-around design of the doors. The bottom seals are a joke. Since I live on a gravel road the seals are always dirty and the inner door cavity in front of the seals is always dirty. The only way to clean the car is by spraying the door areas in a coin wash and then in a good automatic wash. Whatever happened to Honda fit and finish?
Door seals are just rubber gaskets... You could always upgrade yours or add a little extra at the problem spots... I doubt they tested this car much off of asphalt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Air Conditioning Alert from a friend who owns a 2017 Honda Civic Si. A/C was blowing hot and was still under warranty so he brought the car to the dealer. They replace the compressor/condenser and told him that a few defective units had been installed at the factory.

He got a notice from Honda that in fact there were defective units installed and they could leak the coolant. They offered to replace the original at no charge, reimburse anyone who had it replaced and paid, and extended the warranty for 10 years.

I'm telling you folks because it's possible that the unit in your CR-V came from the same batch. Test the air conditioner when you have a chance and if it's not blowing cold go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You can take a close look at current model Toyotas... and you will see the same thing. Same for most brands now days, including premium brands as well.

The reason is that as they automate more and more of assembly... they change the approach to final finish, designing for more actual permissible gaps on doors, hoods, hatches, etc. to account for normal variations in assembly. They ALSO design in a different approach to the interior seals too.. so that noise integrity is not compromised in the process. All of this allows them to produce vehicles faster and with fewer rejects/rework on the modern production lines.. which in turn helps keep down the final cost of the vehicle.. and hence the retail price on the showroom floors.

Even if you check Hondas currently built in Japan Factories (Clarity being a prime example) you will see the same approach and process at play too. I personally checked this because back in the old days, when gen2 CRVs were still made in Japan.. they had classic tight fit and finish on gaps.. which was common practice in Japan at the time. But... 15 years later.... assembly approach, and design to support it, have evolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it's just my OCD when I noticed those areas, too after a wash. I need to go to a coin wash and use the spray wand myself to clean those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone have a high pitched buzzing sound coming from the wiper rain sensor only when wipers are turned on? 2017 Touring, but the sensor is probably the same on many models. i was at the dealership, they said its normal, but it sounds too annoying to me to be normal. hoping more owners can help confirm this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The body panel gap thing is a Honda trend lately. Not sure why. The panel gaps were tight and consistent on our 2014 Civic. On our 2016 Civic, and our 2017 CR-V, much wider gaps, and less consistent gap variations along a panel.

Something has occurred in Honda's build process. Not sure what, but it's intentional. They just aren't as picky about this as they were with the last generation cars. Not sure if it saves money somehow, assembly time, or whatever. But if you look at my sister's 7 or 8 year old Odyssey, and our old 2014 Civic, there is a definite degradation in assembly precision with the new

Something has occurred in Honda's build process. Not sure what, but it's intentional. They just aren't as picky about this as they were with the last generation cars. Not sure if it saves money somehow, assembly time, or whatever. But if you look at my sister's 7 or 8 year old Odyssey, and our old 2014 Civic, there is a definite degradation in assembly precision with the new Hondas.
My 2018 CRV has the widest body panel gaps since my 1979 Mercury Bobcat. It's a disgrace. Honda was always so meticulous with body panel gaps in the past. No more.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My 2018 CRV has the widest body panel gaps since my 1979 Mercury Bobcat. It's a disgrace. Honda was always so meticulous with body panel gaps in the past. No more.
If you walk around a parking lot and actually closely inspect newer vehicles... virtually ALL manufacturers are now producing with larger clearances on panel gaps and door interfaces. It appears to be a design and production trend in the industry... probably to speed production and lower overall cost to produce in a very competitive vehicle market.

For example: every recent year Toyota I have seen has the same gaping some people are complaining about with newer Hondas. Heck I even see it on Teslas.. which are considered a premium brand.

Ultimately what matters is do all the panels and doors stay in "true" and that the cabin seals properly when all doors are closed.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts