Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Let's keep this list updated when we find new TSBs applicable to the 5th Gen CRV
TSB#TitleDate AnnouncedSpecific VINsRecallLinkRelated Threads
17-027Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Certification LabelMay 18, 2017YY17-027
17-032Parasitic battery draw from VSA modulator (Vehicle will not start)June 14, 2017RangeN17-032
17-054Rattle from the Center DashJuly 14, 2017YN17-054
17-062Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Rear Fuel Feed Pipe LeaksJuly 14, 2017YY17-0621,
17-064MID Displays ACC, CMBS, LKAS, RDM, and Brake Warnings and Other Listed SymptomsAug 04, 2017RangeN17-0641,2,
17-045Front Upper Seat Back Bolster DeformedOct 12, 2017ALLN17-0451,
17-077Traffic information does not display or operate.Dec 20, 2017RangeN17-077
18-006The ACC, LKAS, Road Departure Mitigation, Collision Mitigation Brake System, BRAKE Indicators and/or "Auto High Beam Problem" Message Comes On.Feb 09, 20182017-All, 2018-RangeN18-006
[HR][/HR] UPDATE 10/16/2018: New links to TSBs that work:

How to find new TSBs?
Increment both XX in the address below to get new TSB notices. http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-0XX/enu/A1-0XX.PDF e.g. http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-006/enu/A18-006.PDF Credit goes to this post Note: This link may change in 2019

Honda finally fixed a security hole that existed for many years which allowed "back door" to access TSB's, Tech Line and Service News articles, and some service information. This information was never intended for the general public. Honda finally had enough of the unauthorized access and illegal redistribution of this information and put a stop to it. This is no different than any other manufacturer.

You can access recalls and summaries of TSB's at the NHTSA website. Summaries of TSB's are found under the "manufacturer communications" section.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm, mine is scheduled for delivery 8/10 - 8/14, it went into production 7/25. I'd hope that all of those announced before 7/25 would have been fixed in the new build; but I wonder about that one announced 8/4. Definitely a question to ask before accepting the car.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thanks so much for this; I'm totally calling the dealer in the next couple of days for that ACC update. And I might do the dash rattle one on my own; haven't had the problem, but it looks cheap (part should be $5 or so) and easy.

I'm still annoyed I had to argue so much to have the battery drain one done proactively, but at least I have a logged service call for ACC issues, so that one shouldn't be a fight.

EDIT: I totally vote for this one to be made a sticky!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please make this thread sticky!

Attention Powers That Be:

Please make this thread "sticky!"

This will make it easier to keep the information here updated, and to find this thread in the future.

Thanks!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I got 17-064 done and the cruise control issue is completely fixed. THANKS HONDA!
I got 17-054 in progress, part ordered should come in a couple days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for this thread dmitri!!! This thread needs to be a "sticky" on the main forum page! :)

I got 17-064 done and the cruise control issue is completely fixed. THANKS HONDA!
Great to know! :) I noticed the same cruise control issue with my CR-V on a trip this past weekend. My CR-V goes back to the dealership this Saturday for some accessories so I'll make sure this TSB is done at the same time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great information. Thank you for posting. My car is in dealership today for 032, 054, and 064. Service advisor was not very happy about me knowing about these; would rather have me tell about my problems and let the tech figure it out. Also tried to have me do first oil change at 4,300 miles and 60% oil life. I think I'm going to have problems with this dealership.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great information. Thank you for posting. My car is in dealership today for 032, 054, and 064. Service advisor was not very happy about me knowing about these; would rather have me tell about my problems and let the tech figure it out. Also tried to have me do first oil change at 4,300 miles and 60% oil life. I think I'm going to have problems with this dealership.
Meh! I would suggest never going back to that dealership after they do those three TSBs for your CR-V. Also if you're feeling up for it, report them to Honda about the early oil change. That is a a clear sign they are trying to rip off customers. Honda spent a lot of time making the Maintenance Minder system to help owners be more informed about when to service their vehicles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope to not go back, but they can't get my car in to do the work and plan to have it done tomorrow. Hope they do the TSB correctly; we'll see. This is with an 8am appointment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This behavior from the dealer service departments always tickles me. Same thing goes when you're researching, negotiating and buying your vehicle and the salespeople are put off about buyers with knowledge. What do these folks expect? With the vast availability of information available to anyone these days with a computer, *not* being an informed consumer is foolish.

(As an aside, I just called a Dealership's service department and they'd not heard of the 064 TSB. I was told that I should check back with them once I found out if my VIN was affected. I told him that the TSB I was currently holding in my hands said that ALL VINS of the 2017 CR-V, EX, EX-L and Touring levels were affected. He wasn't impressed and repeated that if my vehicle is affected, I'll eventually be notified.)

1 - 20 of 174 Posts