Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here you go. It's worth the $10 to me to get a copy.

View attachment TSB 18-124 p1.pdf
View attachment TSB 18-114 p1.pdf

These are just the first page of the TSBs. If I tried to attach more than that, the file size is too large. Here are links to the full TSBs:

TSB 18-114
TSB 18-124

EDIT: Both of them say that "Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign." So it looks like they'll be notifying us?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
EX, EX-L, and Touring only, which means it doesn't apply to the LX's 2.4L engine.
And in the middle of page 1:

Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible
Both say change oil without mentioning changing the oil filter.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It appears they made the wording intentionally vague.

"Under certain circumstances, the vehicle may experience driveability concerns, which may result in DTC's" [emphasis mine]

No VIN range published, no mention of what the circumstances are, no mention of what the driveability concerns are, no clarification on whether the DTCs have to be set to qualify for the repair, or if the affected vehicles are just prone to setting those DTCs if the repair isn't done.

Going to make it tough on consumers with dealers that balk at doing the work. Hopefully we just get a campaign notification and once notified the dealer has to do the service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Greetings,

I am not sure if some one else has ask this question before? I went to my Honda service, here in Ontario Canada and they told me that all the TSB,s you have listed don't apply here.

Is there any place Canadians can fine a list of TSB,s? Every time I have service done on my CRV they say their no out standing issues. I ask the service manager and said they only apply to US built models, can they be that different. I not sure but aren't some CRV.s manufacture in Canada sold in the USA?

I can't believe Canadians CRV owners have not experienced any of the TSB,s you listed as well. The only way I know is to checkout recalls or updates is via Honda Canada,s website. I can't find any list of TBS,s strange we have none.

Can any one please tell me where we might find such a list or explain to me why we don't have any? :Darn:

Maybe the Canadian built CRV's are built perfect LOL

Thanks

View attachment 126185
View attachment 126187

These are just the first page of the TSBs. If I tried to attach more than that, the file size is too large. Here are links to the full TSBs:

TSB 18-114
TSB 18-124

EDIT: Both of them say that "Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign." So it looks like they'll be notifying us?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Greetings,

I am not sure if some one else has ask this question before? I went to my Honda service, here in Ontario Canada and they told me that all the TSB,s you have listed don't apply here.

Is there any place Canadians can fine a list of TSB,s? Every time I have service done on my CRV they say their no out standing issues. I ask the service manager and said they only apply to US built models, can they be that different. I not sure but aren't some CRV.s manufacture in Canada sold in the USA?

I can't believe Canadians CRV owners have not experienced any of the TSB,s you listed as well. The only way I know is to checkout recalls or updates is via Honda Canada,s website. I can't find any list of TBS,s strange we have none.

Can any one please tell me where we might find such a list or explain to me why we don't have any? :Darn:

Maybe the Canadian built CRV's are built perfect LOL

Thanks
This might be true. The TSBs I've seen have "American Honda Motor Co" on the bottom and it appears the oil dilution fix is being handled differently in Canada vs U.S. You could try service express

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

Which says it covers both American and Canada Honda

But I've found it is a bit hit or miss with TSBs. The Service Information System (same page) does have all the TSBs, but it is American only and probably doesn't have the Canadian publications

I think the Canadian CRVs would suffer many of the same issues as American ones, but I'm thinking the TSB numbers would be different, the warranty information, how it is handled between Honda and dealers, etc. might all differ.

But seeing how many American CRVs are made in Ontario, how could they not have the same issues?

·
Registered
446 Posts

View attachment 126185
View attachment 126187

TSB 18-114
TSB 18-124

Are these Canadian or US TSB's?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am in the US, so I'm guessing they're US TSBs. Posters from Canada appear to be getting them as "safety recalls."
Hello,

Maybe I can help out a little, please note in my previous posting, we here in Ontario Canada don't have access to TSB's. :Darn:

We only get recall, update notices, via (snail mail) letters, or via Honda.ca, you have to enter your VIN number access theses notices online.

Wish we had access to TSB's that apply to us, we have to take our CRV'S in for service and ask service if there are any outstanding issues.

Apparently CRV'S in USA are quite different (Spec's) from the one's manufactured in Canada. I know for a fact that we get are offered different options when we purchase our CRV's.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Apparently CRV'S in USA are quite different (Spec's) from the one's manufactured in Canada. I know for a fact that we get are offered different options when we purchase our CRV's.
What's interesting, is that the country of manufacture is not as important as where the CR-V is intended to be sold in regards to options and standard features. I believe that many USA bound CRVs are in fact built on Canada.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't think the Canadian crvs are all that different.. They have heated rear seats, heated windshield, washer fluid level check, and rear accessory power outlet. There might be a few other changes I'm forgetting but for the most part they are the same and I bet have the same issues as u.s. ones

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't think the Canadian crvs are all that different.. They have heated rear seats, heated windshield, washer fluid level check, and rear accessory power outlet. There might be a few other changes I'm forgetting but for the most part they are the same and I bet have the same issues as u.s. ones
Even the CR-V LX in Canada has the 1.5L turbo engine, the 2.4L is not available in Canada.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have to agree with the last couple of postings, but when I took a few of TSB's into the service dept, they said they don't apply to the CRV's sold in Ontario. I personally think it's a way for Honda Canada to avoid these U.S TSB's. The only way we can get service on these issues is to take to the dealer and complain. :Darn:

As you have noted I am pretty darn sure the CRV's are basically the same with only few different options.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have to agree with the last couple of postings, but when I took a few of TSB's into the service dept, they said they don't apply to the CRV's sold in Ontario. I personally think it's a way for Honda Canada to avoid these U.S TSB's. The only way we can get service on these issues is to take to the dealer and complain. :Darn:

As you have noted I am pretty darn sure the CRV's are basically the same with only few different options.
Yep basically the same. The CR-Vs built in Alliston, ON go to Canada and the US. It’s just the options and standard equipment that are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep basically the same. The CR-Vs built in Alliston, ON go to Canada and the US. It’s just the options and standard equipment that are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello,

I was reading another thread regarding, "Recall and Technical Service Bulletins".

My question is why do the TSB's not apply to Canadian CRV owners if they are virtually the same vehicles? We can only rely on Honda dealer service dept, or check online for recalls and updates. We don't have any TSB's. Can anyone help clear this up?

Thanks

Recalls

You can see if a recall applies to you by entering your VIN at http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls or https://www.honda.ca/recalls

Information below is for U.S. recalls

17-027 (5/18/2017) Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Certification Label
Affects CR-V Manufactured between April 3-11, 2017

BACKGROUND
On certain 2017 CR-V vehicles built between April 3rd thru April 11th 2017, the ink on the certification label may rub off
when wiping the label with alcohol, gasoline, kerosene, engine oil, window cleaner, or wax. If the label information can
be wiped away, the operator may not be able to refer to the information, possibly resulting in the vehicle being
overloaded, which can increase the risk of a crash.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the certification label.

17-062 (12/8/17) Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Rear Fuel Feed Pipe Leaks
Affects 2017 CR-V 1.5L and 2.4L

BACKGROUND
Some fuel feed pipes were not manufactured to specification. The connector between the fuel feed pipe and the fuel line may come loose when the fuel line is pressurized. If the fuel line comes loose, it may result in leaking fuel, which, in the presence of an ignition source, may increase the risk of a fire. A loose fuel line may also cut off fuel to the engine and cause it to stall, which may increase the risk of a crash.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the fuel feed pipe using two new retainers.

18-103 (9/28/18) Safety Recall: 2017-18 CR-V: Steering Gearbox
Affects 2017-2018
NOTE THIS IS RARE - ONLY AFFECTS 29 CR-V'S TOTAL!

BACKGROUND
Due to incorrect production of the steering gearbox torque sensor, the torque sensor magnet may shift from its normal position inside the gearbox. A shifted sensor magnet may cause the steering to move left or right unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the steering gearbox. Then, do a four-wheel alignment, followed by the steering angle neutral position learning procedure.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
My question is why do the TSB's not apply to Canadian CRV owners if they are virtually the same vehicles? We can only rely on Honda dealer service dept, or check online for recalls and updates. We don't have any TSB's. Can anyone help clear this up?
Because Technical Service Bulletins issued by American Honda Motor Corp only apply vehicles sold by American Honda Motor Corp, which means those vehicles sold in the US.

If you live in Canada then I'd check with Honda Canada to see if they issue similar notifications, which would of course apply to Honda vehicles sold in Canada.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts