Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
It appears they made the wording intentionally vague.
"Under certain circumstances, the vehicle may experience driveability concerns, which may result in DTC's" [emphasis mine]

No VIN range published, no mention of what the circumstances are, no mention of what the driveability concerns are, no clarification on whether the DTCs have to be set to qualify for the repair, or if the affected vehicles are just prone to setting those DTCs if the repair isn't done.

Going to make it tough on consumers with dealers that balk at doing the work. Hopefully we just get a campaign notification and once notified the dealer has to do the service.
The Canadian service bulletin (posted here) provides more details. VIN ranges (or in the case of MY2017, the entire production run), and more specifics about the effects of the dilution (not just DTCs) and states one of the effects of the 'fix' is that "When operating the heater, customers may notice increased temperatures at the vents during the engine warm-up period."

The Canadian service bulletin number is A-9-18. It also specifies their warranty extension, which is apparently in a different service bulletin: A-10-18.

View attachment 126391

Also, in the US TSB, the part number for the "Auto Air Conditioner CPU Assembly" is listed as 79600-TLA-A62. It used to be 79600-TLA-A61, which I guess makes sense.

·
1,947 Posts
Texaz - I had no trouble viewing the first or third links, but the second one is broken and no good. Try right clicking and open in new tab to see if that lets you see them. It works for me. You do have full access.

911medic - the link "Attachment 126391" is broken, does not work.

·
Registered
835 Posts
PLEASE tell me more about this.
I hear a faint rattle & keep trying to show my wife but doesn't hear it.
It's my DD so of course I noticed it.
Once you hear it you can't not hear it!
See service bulletin 17-054 Rattle from the Center Dash

There's a simple hose clamp that fixes it from the engine side. Mine started rattling at 20k miles, and did it inconsistently at very low rpm (idle or creeping). Had the fix applied two weeks ago and am happy.

Talk to your service manager... I told mine I wanted the tech to check the bulletin to see if they thought it would fix it and to not start tearing apart the dash without checking with me. He was cool about it and asked for the bulletin number.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
See service bulletin 17-054 Rattle from the Center Dash

There's a simple hose clamp that fixes it from the engine side. Mine started rattling at 20k miles, and did it inconsistently at very low rpm (idle or creeping). Had the fix applied two weeks ago and am happy.

Talk to your service manager... I told mine I wanted the tech to check the bulletin to see if they thought it would fix it and to not start tearing apart the dash without checking with me. He was cool about it and asked for the bulletin number.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Was it a simple fix or did they have to tear apart your dash? I have a similar issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here you go. It's worth the $10 to me to get a copy.

View attachment 126185
View attachment 126187

These are just the first page of the TSBs. If I tried to attach more than that, the file size is too large. Here are links to the full TSBs:

TSB 18-114
TSB 18-124

EDIT: Both of them say that "Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign." So it looks like they'll be notifying us?
We wrecked our CRV last week. :(:(

When we got home, there was a recall notice in our mail box, which was the TSB 18-114, that you listed above.

We intend to replace it with a 2019 CRV, so the TSB shouldn't apply to the new car.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts