Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
In the Honda Service Bulletin (picture of the firewall, heater hoses and black plastic clamp), I just don't see any benefit to placing that plastic clamp 10mm from the 2 metal hose clamps. How are the heater hoses going to vibrate together right there at the firewall???? Our CRV has 2 plastic clamps (1 black, 1white) spaced apart, presumably to keep the heater hoses from vibrating/flopping.

HPIM3647.jpg
HPIM3646.jpg

·
Registered
452 Posts
In the Honda Service Bulletin (picture of the firewall, heater hoses and black plastic clamp), I just don't see any benefit to placing that plastic clamp 10mm from the 2 metal hose clamps. How are the heater hoses going to vibrate together right there at the firewall???? Our CRV has 2 plastic clamps (1 black, 1white) spaced apart, presumably to keep the heater hoses from vibrating/flopping.

View attachment 127675
View attachment 127677
I don't believe the problem is the hoses flopping around. I believe the issue is vibration of the metal tubes (that the hoses attach to) where they enter the "heater box." Presumably, the clamp helps quell the vibration of those tubes.

Also, the instructions state to attach the clip 10mm away from the hose clamps, then to push the clip toward the firewall, until it contacts the metal tubes under the hoses. I think they want to be sure that the clip isn't clipped OVER the underlying metal tubes, just pressed against them.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Could be......never heard “the noise” on ours, so all is good. Did the plastic clamp end your noise?

Those 2 metal lines, that pass thru the firewall, brazed to/are part of the heater core and are isolated/insulated and very ridged on both sides of the firewall.......or at least they should be.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Could be......never heard “the noise” on ours, so all is good. Did the plastic clamp end your noise?

Those 2 metal lines, that pass thru the firewall, brazed to/are part of the heater core and are isolated/insulated and very ridged on both sides of the firewall.......or at least they should be.
I'm 100% positive it ended the noise on mine.

It would only happen on cold starts for a few minutes until things warmed up. Haven't heard it since the clamp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts

I did it as a preventative measure.

And while they SHOULD be isolated and well attached, the way I read the TSB, it seems they are subject to movement and rattling of some kind, without the clamp.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I grabbed each hose (motor cold) at the firewall and gave them each a good side to side tug.....rock solid. Maybe some are not firmly supported on the cabin side, so the clamp on the motor side compensates.:Dunno:

The hose that does have a lot of (unsupported) flop is the rubber fuel line.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Let's keep this list updated when we find new TSBs applicable to the 5th Gen CRV
TSB#TitleDate AnnouncedSpecific VINsRecallLinkRelated Threads
17-027Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Certification LabelMay 18, 2017YY17-027
17-032Parasitic battery draw from VSA modulator (Vehicle will not start)June 14, 2017RangeN17-032
17-054Rattle from the Center DashJuly 14, 2017YN17-054
17-062Safety Recall: 2017 CR-V Rear Fuel Feed Pipe LeaksJuly 14, 2017YY17-0621,
17-064MID Displays ACC, CMBS, LKAS, RDM, and Brake Warnings and Other Listed SymptomsAug 04, 2017RangeN17-0641,2,
17-045Front Upper Seat Back Bolster DeformedOct 12, 2017ALLN17-0451,
17-077Traffic information does not display or operate.Dec 20, 2017RangeN17-077
18-006The ACC, LKAS, Road Departure Mitigation, Collision Mitigation Brake System, BRAKE Indicators and/or "Auto High Beam Problem" Message Comes On.Feb 09, 20182017-All, 2018-RangeN18-006
[HR][/HR] UPDATE 10/16/2018: New links to TSBs that work:

How to find new TSBs?
Increment both XX in the address below to get new TSB notices. http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-0XX/enu/A1-0XX.PDF e.g. http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-006/enu/A18-006.PDF Credit goes to this post Note: This link may change in 2019

New TSB A19-019 that applies to the 2017 CRV:
Bulletin Date: Feb. 21, 2019
Component: Engine (pws).
Bulletin Summary:
Service bulletin - there is a knocking or clicking from the engine during cold startup. The check valve in the cam chain tensioner is worn, allowing oil pressure to leak internally and the cam chain to lose tension after engine is turned off.

Link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10153879-0001.pdf

·
Registered
551 Posts
NHTSA Manufacturer Communications

Since the techinfo.honda.com website seems to be shutdown for casual viewers, I suggest that you try using nhtsa.gov . There is a wealth of information there for casual viewers.
For instance the following link which is specific to my particular CRV and includes every TSB that I remember seeing over the last 2 years:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2017/HONDA/CR-V/SUV/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
New TSB A19-019 that applies to the 2017 CRV:
Bulletin Date: Feb. 21, 2019
Component: Engine (pws).
Bulletin Summary:
Service bulletin - there is a knocking or clicking from the engine during cold startup. The check valve in the cam chain tensioner is worn, allowing oil pressure to leak internally and the cam chain to lose tension after engine is turned off.

Link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10153879-0001.pdf
I think my car has this. I was planning on asking them to check the valve clearance at my next oil change already due to new ticking when cold. It's not that loud but is a change from new. Started in December or so, '17 with 30k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

161 - 174 of 174 Posts