Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran our new V through the local car wash to get the road and beach salt and crud off the undercarriage. Forgot to specify "no wax" and now have a little spotty/smudgie-ness on my windshield. Which I hate. Any suggestions for getting it off?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Try a mixture of Dawn dish soap and water. Careful where you mist it because it will take the wax off the car as well. Just spritz on the windshield and wipe off. Follow up with Sprayway glass cleaner.
If the wax is still there like a ghost image, try using a clay bar on the windows I have had to do this also, use the same Dawn dish soap as the lube for the clay bar pay attention to the edge of the wiper trail, work that area very well, and rinse very well afterwards, then dry and clean with spray glass cleaner as you would normally.
Between these two methods you should have a clean window again.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I always wished they had "we don't do anything except rinse your car off" automatics without the miters, wax, etc for the winter and when you go to the beach. A nice pre-rinse (including under carriage), some very mild soap and a generous rinse of softened water (which could be recycled for the 1st and 2nd stages); all with moderate pressure, like when you hit a moderate puddle at highway speed. No promises of miracle sealants sprayed on your car, no colored foam, no pretending to be a replacement for a good hand wash followed by an attentive hand application of polish/protectant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts