Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 model which has developed a serious indoor water feature in the drivers foot well area. I am not mechanically minded so took it to my local garage who were unable to replicate the issue. Seen threads on here to check "A/C evap tank", which I am keen to do. Can someone point me in the right direction to locate this?
The first time it leaked badly however was when it had stood for 3 days on my driveway and we had a torrential downpour, so would that still point to the evap tank or should I be looking elsewhere.
Further to this, in last couple of days, after having driven a few miles, I get out of the car to smell a burning electrical smell. Does this then point anyone to another area to check.
Keen to solve this issue as I like the car but if I can't resolve I will be forced to change.
Thank you in advance :confused: -jon5bellies

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? I have attached a link: http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2006-honda-cr-v-5dr_ex_2wd-ka-5at/hoses-pipes.html
Item # 2 you will need to look for its a hose that is in front of the fire wall. You will need a long tie-wrap poke it through the drain hose. If there is blockage in the drain this will make it unclog it. This hose is connected to the a/c evap tank. In regards about the burning smell, open the hood & check for the obvious. See if any of the smell is coming from under the hood. Check the battery cables if its not loose or rubbing into something. I hope this helps. Let me know.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,636 Posts
If the outside smell is strongest near the RR side (by the exhaust pipe) it's normal...happens when road gunk burns off (especially after a rainy or snowy period).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts