Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My dealership actually came through and are delivering my PMM EX-L navi to me tomorrow afternoon! I cant wait to get behind the wheel of my new V!!

I was wondering, any tips for a new owner? Anything I should know about that you guys have learned about the V from experience?

any tips would be helpful!

·
Registered
633 Posts
First thing I did was Scotchguard my floor mats and the fabric while everything was still clean!! Applied leather conditioner to my seats. Then ordered the side moldings online--very easy self install--but has to be warm enough outside to put them on! Enjoy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Once you cross 500 miles, drive it like you stole it and make sure the engine revs through the entire range regularly. This will help to seat the seals in the engine as well as help the computer adapt the throttle for real world conditions.

Change the oil at 3,000 miles and have the maintenance reminder reset (all it does is count cold starts and mileage anyways...)

·
Registered
633 Posts
You can find the 3m Scotchgard at grocery stores,target, walmart, car supply stores. Cheapest I have seen it as been target or walmart around $7 a can! I have seen regular scotchguard and scotchguard for vehicles, not sure if their is an actual difference in the quality, but I believe the one for vehicle is more $$$ than just the regular scotchguard. Super easy to apply, just want to ensure its warm enough that it will dry.

Take a good look over //test drive the vehicle before u accept it!.

Congrats

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking to find same V myself. CONGRATS!:D how much off the sticker did they go, if you don't mind telling?

After MUCH hard negotiating, he went $1500 under sticker, and reluctantly threw in a set of 4 winter tires as well. Not too bad, but not as good as I had hoped! Ended up being 38,000 OTD. Makes me sick compared to US prices. :s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts