Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents,
Brand new here to the forums and would like some info if possible. This, I hope, is the correct place to put this question to you folks. We just acquired a brand new '11 CRV 4WD EX-L W/NAV and are in the need of getting it ready to tow behind our motor home. I just purchased a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar with all the accessories and now I need a base plate for the front of the CR. I'm assuming a "Blue Ox" base plate is the correct one but, I thought I'd check here first before I ordered any.

Anyone tow there CRVs here on the forum? I'll have to admit, I'm a little perplexed here. In the list of places to put threads and forums, there is no "2011" forum. There's 2012, 2010 and below but, no 2011, why is that? And, someone stated that there's a general discussion forum but, for the life of me, I can't find it. I've gone down the list of forums and it's not there. Need help here please, navigating the CRV OC site. Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
49 Posts
(From AlMitchell's post, prev page):

I have a Blue Ox Aventa II towbar on my MH and towed a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Traded the Jeep on a 2012 CRV EXL AWD and having a Blue Ox Adapter Plate installed, hopefully next week (end of March). Tonepome is correct, right out of Owners Manual.

One glitch: I use a Brake Buddy supplemental braking system (required over 3000 lbs in most states), which requires 12V DC power ("cig liter"). If you pull the Rad ACC 7.5A fuse, neither of the two 12V DC adapters is operable. So I plan on leaving the fuse In, plug in my Brake Buddy, and stop to smell the roses while I start the CRV engine & run thru the gears. Besides, I'm too old to drive more than 8 hours.

Alternative is to use another supplemental braking system that does not require 12V DC pwr, such as a self-contained battery operated system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.