Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, sorry if this sounds a daft question but I have been trying to get a wire from under the bonnet to the fusebox under the steering column. No way can I find through. Has anyone else managed this please.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,791 Posts
I'm sure you know this, but usually you can force an additional wire past the bulkhead next to an existing harness, through a rubber grommet.

If the harness is on the 'wrong side' for you, there might be passable grommets at the heater pipes.

Worst case, you need to drill a hole and put your OWN grommet in....

Other Good Practices: If you go next to an existing harness, make sure the new wire is next the the bundle, NOT on the outside where it could be shorted by metal. If there is any question, zip-tie a short length of rubber hose around your new wire to protect it.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Worst case, you need to drill a hole and put your OWN grommet in....
Pay attention to Carbuff2's recommendations.
Either run your wire through an existing grommet, or if you drill a new hole use a rubber grommet to protect the wire!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, thanks boys for your replies. That was my intention to simply go through an existing hole next to a wire bundle or pipes but everything is so tightly packed under there I have not managed it yet. I have fitted DRLs and need to get to the ACC fuse and that would have to be in the fuse box under the steering column. Oh well, will try again later. Thanks. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts